Broken Stained Glass Scattering Light

When Shae knocked on Joon's door and there was no answer, she decided to creep around for the kitchens for a snack after her shower. She was starving.

As she wandered her way back down the hall from the kitchens, she toted an open jar of something green and pickled. The veggies crunched loudly in her mouth and tasted both sour and sweet.

A door opened unexpectedly in her path, almost hitting her in the face. A shirtless man in baggy green sweatpants tumbled out.

"Woah! Sorry, I didn't mean to!" One of Hoseok's hands raked through his scrappy wet red hair.

Embarrassed at the sight of Hobi's fit, bare chest, she gave a heavy swallow of the pickled treat in her mouth. Her voice was a bit shaky yet bright as she answered, "Oh, that's alright! I was kinda lost in my own thoughts."

Shae started to swerve past where he stood, trying to blink the sight of his torso out of her brain, but Hoseok stepped in her way.

"Wait." He started to wring his hands together. "Please wait. I actually wanted to talk to you. To apologize to you properly, Shae."

Shae thought, Note to self: looking at his face makes listening to his actual words much easier.

Shae munched away, her wide blue eyes kind and amused as she looked up at him.

Hoseok couldn't help but think how lovely she looked with her blonde hair a bit clumped and stringy from still being wet, or how the cerulean blue of those oversized silk pajamas brought out the cascade of color in her eyes.

Damn, she looks good in my shirt.

Shae was confused. "Apologize? Whatever for?"

Hoseok cleared his throat. One of his hands played distractedly through his red hair again. "Today, with what happened with you and Joon when I found you. I wanted to apologize."

Shae's pale cheeks flushed, and Hoseok suddenly felt the urge to let his hands swallow up all that color for himself--but that wouldn't be appropriate, he told himself.

Her was voice unsure now, as Shae said, "I'm still not sure what happened with that, but I'm grateful that you arrived when you did. At the very least."

"Did he... was there...?"

Shae's cheeks only grew even more red. "I don't think that it would be appropriate for me to discuss the details of that encounter with you, Jung Hoseok. As well-intended as I'm sure you are."

"O-of course. I only meant--"

"Is he bothering you?"

Hoseok and Shae turned to see Joon approaching. He wore grey baggy sweatpants and nothing else. His white hair fell in shaggy folds around his face.

Shae really didn't know where to look now, between Joon's tanned chest, and Hobi's slightly bronzed one. She shoved another pickled treat into her mouth.

"Did you want something, Hoseok?" Joon asked.

Shae could feel a masculine energy rise between the two of them. It was a little bit scary.

The combat specialist replied, "Yes. I wanted to apologize. You might as well hear this too."

"For what?"

"For what happened with that drug today. I'm the one who ambushed you with it. Not because it was part of any plan. But because I still thought you'd killed Dai Yu. And I wanted you to hurt, Joon. I just... I wanted you to feel the pain of it like I did. But I was wrong to. It was selfish and wrong, and I'm sorry."