Two Queens, One Hive

The battle in the fighting pit raged on. Jeon Jungkook was doing surprisingly well at putting up a fight against Jung Hoseok, and so was Kim Namjoon against the fiery rage of Lilith. The roars of approval from the crowd said that they were certainly entertained.

Yoongi's commentator voice erupted over the chaos, his body still out of sight and unseen, "Well this isn't the greatest show that ever was yet. It's just some scrappers in a pit. It seems like we could do with a little more excitement around here to liven things up even more, eh?"

Hoseok had been saving his move. At the echoing of Yoongi's voice shaking around them, that red headed combat specialist took his chance. He led Jungkook into the perfectly wrong stance. Hoseok swerved. TICK.

Jungkook wasn't expecting the blow of Hoseok's flat hilt into his lower back, nor the way Hoseok's heel twisted beneath Jungkook's own foot.

The young pilot was launched down into sand.

Then Hoseok ran for it. With Shae unarmed, his elbow slung around her like it was a horse shoe and she was the bottleneck at a carnival. A few seconds later, and Hoseok held one of his small Geji blades to Shae's throat. Deja vu.

Except, the anti-magi suspension in the arena was still working. There was no eruption of seismic waves or blue light. No earthquakes or lightning and hail. Just Hoseok, knife pulled to Shae's throat.

Joon became distracted, his eyes flitting between Shae and Hoseok, and towards the fierce little opponent that was Lilith.

Lilith took full advantage of the situation--not only disarming Kim Namjoon, but sending the man rearing backwards into sand empty-handed. Lilith stepped over Joon with her blade pointed to his nose, and his eyes crossed as they watched the tip of the blade inch closer to his face.

"Give me an excuse. I dare you," Lilith seethed down at Kim Namjoon. He kept his hands lifted in surrender and remained mute.

Meanwhile, Jeon Jungkook scrambled messily to his feet. The voices were a chorus of panic within him at the sight of that blade to Shae's throat, but there was nothing that he could see to do. Any second, Hoseok could tug that blade across Shae's neck and it could be over.

Jungkook shouted, "What if I surrender? What if we just stand down? I can surrender, you can win, just don't take her life, hyung. Just. Just let her go and we're done. Who says we have to do this anyway, some stupid game rule?"

Hoseok's arm slackened from around Shae's neck, but the small Geji blade was still pressed into her throat. Then, Hoseok shoved Shae roughly before him so that her knees fell into sand. She closed her eyes and waited for the death-blow.

Yoongi's announcer voice growled over the stadium and drowned out the rest of Hoseok's words, "Let's remix this shit."

There was a sound like heavy metal falling into heavy metal from somewhere far away. As the grinding sound echoed across the arena, with it came a wave of energy within the air—like electricity and static prickling the skin in the midst of a thick, moist heat.

Jeon Jungkook could suddenly feel it. He could feel it in his fingertips. He could practically hear it like bells chiming a beautiful melody in his ears.

He looked down at his hands. To his immense surprise, his hands were pulsing with a gorgeous electric blue light that zinged and flickered around his skin. Then he looked back up at where Jung Hoseok stood.

Hoseok's own hands and forearms were the epicenter of green waves of flame rippling and pulsing around his closed fists. His blade had been slid back into it's sheath.

Lilith's twin blades now had vibrant pink pulsing from the metal, and a sheen of pink like a motorbike visor fell over the front of her face.

"What did you do?" Jungkook knew it was them. "Why?"