Bitter and Sweet

Laughter echoed from a side hallway, into the stunned sparring room.

Footsteps.

Into the fierce tension of Lilith's practice room chamber, Chimin and Jin waltz casually and unaware. They were grinning boyishly over some joke. Jin's nose bleed seemed to have stopped. When Chimin and Jin came and stood in the doorway of the sparring room and beheld the scene inside it, they froze in their tracks. An awkward silence followed.

"Well this certainly isn't what I expected." Jin said.

Chim eyes popped wide as he took in the sight of Shae's glowing arm, and then registered who the two additional bystanders were in the room.

So, then, did Jin.

"No." Jin lifted one hand as if physically motioning for the room to stop existing. Then he began to hold his forehead in one hand, blinking slowly down at the floor in disbelief. "Just... no." He looked back up at the room. "We leave you ladies alone for a few hours. A few hours! And WE COME BACK TO THIS?" He sighed.

Chim glanced with wide eyes from Jin to the scene in the room, waiting to see what the doctor would do.

Hoseok was on his feet again, brushing himself off. He had a bitter frown frozen on his face.

Lilith was helping Ava up from the mat, checking to make sure she wasn't hurt.

Shae was wide eyed and mute, the mark on her arm still glistening but now fading.

Jin's eyes flickered from the glowing symbol... to his favorite person to hate. He walked briskly over to where Yoongi lay on the mat and kicked him hard in the shins.

Min Yoongi rumbled back through an angry growl, "Fairy bitch."

"Oooo I'm so scared." Jin made a mock-jazz hands. His eyes bore down pure loathing onto Yoongi. Then he nudged the tech specialist's face with his foot, patting his pale cheek with the toe of his sneakers—though not stepping down on him hard. "Looks like this punk's been stun blasted. Sucks to suck."

"I'mma enjoy killing you when I thaw out," Yoongi answered.

"In your dreams."

"Naw, in my dreams I make your bitch—"

"BOYS!"

Jin reared back his foot, aimed and ready for Yoongi's gut now, but Lilith stepped forward with her hands raised alongside of her voice. Her eyes were sharp and stern at Jin.

Jin's posture returned to normal. Instead, he leaned forward and spat on Suga's head.

Lilith glared into Jin.

"He disrespected you," Jin said defensively, his eyes averted.

Lilith shook her head.

Meanwhile, Chim walked over to stand like a guard dog between Hoseok and where Ava and Shae stood. His body was relaxed looking, but his eyes were sharp and intense. "Hoseok."

"Chimin."

They both nodded at each other, eyes locked and hard, each unmoving in the face of the other.

Lilith's voice rose up over the string of unbearable tension. "Okay everyone, let's just chill the heck out! You know my rules, and you're gonna live by them or you're gonna die, got it? Jin. You take your crew and you get out. Out!"

"Us? No no. THEY should be the ones to leave!"

"Jin."

"What?!"