Roll Call

Jin's screech echoed around the cockpit: "HOLY FUCKING CHRIST."

Jin pivoted around from the pilot's seat, gaped, then swiveled back around to stare through the ship's glass at the swirling white cloud coasting around them as they soared through sky.

Jin's hands tightened on the steering wheel.

"Y'all, Tae was dead. Right? Was he not dead? Wait..." Jin got a faraway look in his eye, "are we ALL dead now? Is this some kinda--GAH!"

"Eyes on the road, bro," Taehyung said through a starlight smirk as he draped himself dreamily over the edge of Jin's chair.

Jin jerked away from Tae's face, one of the good doctor's hands flopping into his own chest, as if Tae had a 'crazy person' disease that Jin was afraid to catch.

Then the he muttered under his breath, "Holy hell."

He was only saying what everyone else was thinking. But with so many questions swirling, so much tension yet to unravel--and no one knew where to begin.

Yoongi came forward and gripped his hands around the back of the pilot's seat. Tae shirked out of Yoongi's way.

"Lemme take over, Jin-hyung," Yoongi said.

"I'm having a mental breakdown and you're interrupting me," Jin said scathingly.

Yoongi shrugged. "I mean, it's not like you know where the hell we're actually going. Unless you just wanna fly us in circles until we run outta fuel."

Jin pursed his lips. "Touché."

Yoongi slid into the pilot's seat just as Jin stood up and slumped himself into the empty co-pilot's seat next to it.

Jin folded his arms and jerked his black hair out of his face. Then the good doctor pivoted the copilot's chair around to stare into the crowded cockpit where the whole of Noon Mool's crew was now clustered together.

Lilith squeezed her small form between the pilot and co-pilot's seat. She leaned into the side of Jin's chair as she wiped her bloodied hands into a grease rag she'd plucked up from one of the backseats. Jin sent a scathing look up into Lilith's dark eyes. Her face that was speckled with so much blood and grime. The sight of the blood made Jin give a huff, but Lilith simply looked down at him with warm eyes.

Then Jin shifted his attention onto the whole cockpit again. "Alright. Now someone better tell me what the hell is going on around here, because DAMN." He flailed an arm in Taehyung's direction, as if that were enough to make his point. Then Jin stretched his hands wearily over his face and said, "This stress is gonna give me wrinkles."

Everyone seemed to be gathering their thoughts, unsure where to begin.

____

Joon sat in one of the three back seats with Shae in his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around her stomach and his chin tucked into her shoulder. He had one of the most content, innocent expressions on his face that Jin thought he'd ever seen the man wear.

Meanwhile, Jin saw that Shae was staring at Jeon Jungkook--who was staring back at her--and if Jin didn't know any better he'd have thought something weird was going on between them.

Jungkook was leaning into the wall to Jin's left with one arm latched around Tae's neck in a friendly and somewhat protective gesture.

Tae seemed to be finding the lines in his own hands fascinating and wasn't paying anyone else any attention.

Hoseok was crammed into the middle backseat between Joon and Ava, and he kept sending annoyed looks at Joon's arms that were tucked around Shae. Hoseok made himself busy peeling back a temporary medical adhesive. He stuck it across Ava's injured shoulder, making her scowl and ball one of her hands into a fist--as if she might turn punch Hobi with it.