-PART II-

Have you enjoyed the story so far?
I hope so!

If you've read this far, I just wanted to insert a heartfelt thank you. It means so much!

If you just want to skip ahead to continue the story, feel free to do so!

I want to take this chapter to express the depth of my gratitude for you, kind readers and friends.

This work has been my way of rediscovering my love for storytelling and creative writing, after being out of the game for a while.

Real talk from my writing life journey:

I have experienced how hard literary world rejection can be--especially when you create out of vulnerable wounds that haven't scarred over just yet. I live that unfortunate INFP reality of feeling things to my core when I care about them, especially in relation to my creative writing. But I'm learning to be more balanced and objective.

I have discovered that writing professionally for a living in a stale corporate environment is the last thing I want to do for the next ten years of my life. It sucked the joy of creative writing out of me in two years. I'm glad to be leaving it soon. Again, I'm learning.

In embarking on this creative writing journey with Take Me to the Sky, it's invited my delicate ego into this stupid dance I've always struggled with, between: "You're good at this! So why aren't you successful?" and "Are you even any good at this? You'd be successful by now if you actually were."  This is the hardest writing life struggle of all to learn to find peace with, but the journey continues nonetheless.

Perhaps you can relate to one of these struggles somehow. If so, I wish you the very best on your journey. #worthit

Coming to this site has helped me to rediscover that I creative write because I love it and what it can bring to others...not for the fame or the recognition or the labels or my own insecurities. It has been hard to swallow, but so good.

Having some awesome people to remind me of this has been an invaluable gift. I literally wouldn't be sharing this story at all without them. A special shoutout to _CallMeQueenV, Immortan_Liv, and BlueHourAddict. This story finding the light of day is thanks to the genuine love and encouragement of V and Liv for my first draft. They're the best readers and dearest friends that I could have ever asked for. All three of these lovely people have helped my sanity find solid ground in taking this creative risk. They're grand and I am thankful.

I'm also really thankful for the gift that writing can be in helping us all make sense of our own brand of crazy, to put a voice to our grief, or to simply make us laugh and feel alive. I hope that your experience in reading this story has been as enriching as writing it has been for me.

Or, at the very least, that you've been intrigued or entertained. ^^

Again. Thank you for joining me on this journey. It means a great deal.

If you'd like to, don't forget to vote on the chapters you love by clicking the handy little star icon in the corner as you go. ;)

Now. Let the crazy adventure continue with Part II!