Masterpiece

Petra's army fell onto the Noon Mool crew with full-force.

All the members of Noon Mool were circled up with their backs to Shae, who stood in her pale blue combat spandex over Jeon Jungkook's limp frame. She kept looking about for a place in the fight, trying to figure out some way to help, but all she could feel was blankness. She felt utterly overwhelmed.

Then Shae looked down at her feet again: at Kookie's lifeless, empty eyes. They were all that she could see.

It was a good thing the rest of the Noon Mool crew were so good at taking the heat.

Hoseok's longsword kept sweeping at the approaching mob, sending wave after wave of green flames-and-steel flickering into the fray. Suits and eyebrows were singed, and the mass of figures twitching with black magic clouds were kept at bay. All the while, a sadistic smile played about Hoseok's lips as he enjoyed the thrill of the battle. He lived for this shit.

At Hoseok's elbow, Kim Namjoon was leaning full-force into his hand-to-hand combat skills. Except he had a trick up his sleeve. Every time he pinched his fingers into the neck of an opponent--his fingers and hands still flickering with electric white power--it would send a full-body shock through his opponent. Which would then send them fainting into the dust.

Next to Joon, Lilith's electric pink visor that flashed over her face did more than just protect her face. It helped her lock onto targets as she coordinated her strikes--sending her blade tearing through one shoulder, sending one man toppling into three more. Her fierce concentration and level precision in the fray were unwavering with each swing of her blade.

Min Yoongi completed the circle. His voice was a regular series of sadistic cackles. Shae realized that the blaster in Yoongi's hands had automatic capabilities--so in short bursts, Min Yoongi was scattering a rain of blasts here, there, again, and again. As a result, he kept sending massive wave after wave of approaching enemies toppling into the dust. He cackled delightedly and shouted between blasts something along the lines of, "That's right, yah shits! On yah knees! Bow before this greatness!" He was thoroughly enjoying himself.

Then a figure stumbled through the Noon Mool line.

They raised a sword over Shae's head and poised to strike.

Just as she was sure the blade would fall, electric white light coursed over the enemy figure's body--and he toppled into dust. Kim Namjoon didn't have time to pause, merely twisted himself back into the messy fray as three fresh fighters approached him in tandem.

The moment shook Shae out of her stunned shock.

Shae crouched down over Jungkook's frame. She held his face between both of her hands for a brief moment, and her fingertips seemed to scatter a faint blue into his skin. "Thank you for protecting me, Jeon Jungkook." She sighed heavily. "But I am so, so sorry that this happened to you. This is my fault. And I'm sorry."

Then Shae sighed again and set to work searching Jungkook's body armor. Perhaps he has an extra weapon somewhere that would be useful...? Aha!

Shae plucked a dagger up from out of Jungkook's utility belt, still crouched down into the sand over his body.

"Well aren't you pretty." An odd, drawling voice washed over Shae. She looked up to see the orange peeled-hair and slightly drunken grin of Sehun of Essem fortress standing over her. Shae stood up, clutching the small knife in her hands tightly as Sehun took a step closer. His lanky frame towered over her.

Once again, no one seemed to notice that Sehun had slipped through their ranks.

The drawling Sehun snapped one of his fingers, and a heavy black form like a rock appeared and hovered over his now-open palm.