Femme Fatale

This strange woman in black lead Shae to the aircraft hangar by some mysterious passageway...straight through a wall. They made their way towards a rusty transport shuttle that looked like a rusty chicken, then Shae was ordered up through the bottom hatch of that small craft.

When Shae elbowed her way inside the dank-smelling aircraft, her eyes flickered to how everything was rusty and worn. She could feel the grit of it beneath her palms as she pushed into the floor. A pipe seemed to be perpetually leaking steam near one of the walls. The cockpit space was small: just two pilot's seats, and three passenger seats curved around a small round table.

"Ava!"

Shae scrambled faster into the craft, and Ava jumped up from one of the passenger's seats, running up and embracing her friend.

"Ava, what happened?"

"Eh. These guys apparently don't know how to do anything gracefully." Ava turned around, and Shae noticed that Jungkook was strapped into one of the passenger's seats and slumped over as if he'd passed out. There were handcuffs on his wrists.

"What happened to you?" Ava asked, registering the red marks that were showing up on Shae's neck and wondering who's ass she was gonna need to kick for it.

A new voice interjected over the scene, far more polite than expected, "Yeah, so I'm not actually gonna hurt you or anything, I just said that so you wouldn't ask questions when we're pressed for time. Anyway, I hate to ruin the party, but if you ladies wouldn't mind taking a seat? Then we can be off sooner."

"Not even a proper introduction?" Shae asked.

"Where are you taking us?" Ava asked suspiciously.

"And why is Kookie here?"

Ava laughed nervously, "Well, that's another story...."

"My Name's Lilith." The small woman stripped the mask from her face and the robe from her head. Shae and Ava couldn't help but feel a little relieved. This feisty little woman was frowning. Short, dark brown hair curled down around her tanned face. Her inked brown eyes looked more sorry than scary. No weird stun guns or magic runes were in sight.

"The short version of things: I'm a former escort from Earth, too. I miss Cheetos and Florence and the Machine, like, a lot—but I got stuck living here, and sometimes I kinda like it." Lilith flickered a smile. "The crew I was serving as an escort when I first got here...they're all dead. Now I do my own thing, and design specialized combat gear. That's my story."

Little Lilith leaned over and poked her head down and out of the hatch.

Shae and Ava exchanged curious looks, both of them shrugging at each other with dopey frowns on their faces.

"Que cera cera, my friend," Ava said in an amused voice.

Shae giggled back. "What will be will be."

Lilith didn't seem to notice the best-friend exchange. As she popped back up out of the hatch she muttered, "Oh good, right on time."

The Lilith stepped back again from the rusty circular hole in the floor. The sound of another body moving up through the opening made Shae and Ava take a few steps back as well.

At the sight of Jung Hoseok's messy red hair, Shae gripped Ava's arm tightly.

"What the--" Hoseok scrambled quickly through the hatch when he saw who was inside, his palms regaining their faint green glow. Shae noted that he looked like he'd just been through a cyclone, with his messy hair, bruised knuckles and puffy, bloodied face. Before Hoseok could get up from his knees...this tiny woman in black jumped onto his back and slammed a tiny pen into his neck.