Seeing and Knowing

Reconciliations were a mixed bag for the Noon Mool crew as they all unloaded from that tiny fighter jet.

There was a relief in the clarity. In knowing exactly where each of them stood in reference to the person next to them, on the invisible game board that they'd all been shuffling around--whether they'd been aware of it or not.

Even in a collaborative game, players can get burned.

____

Ava wasn't sure she would ever overcome her annoyance at the mess of it all. Especially at Shae and Joon.

This is what I get for pushing her head first into her first real... well, whatever she and Joon are. I mean, I've been into some shady dudes. But mass-murdering lying monsters? Honey, that takes the freakin' cake.

Ava's eyes critically scanned the much smaller aircraft hanger that they'd landed their fighter jet inside of. It was barely lit, and smelled like rust. She surmised that there were only two other small crafts inside of the hangar, both of them even smaller than the one the'd all made their Ganche Games getaway inside of.

____

Hoseok leaned down and gave a grunt and a yank at something where the wall met the floor--and a metal grate rattled up and open, like a garage door.

I can't believe Joon is getting off so easily for this shit. Who does Chimin think that he is, that he can just order us around? First of all, I'm older than he is. And this isn't a fortress. He's not our leader. He doesn't have the authority to just decide.

Hoseok led the way way through that open grate and into the central hallway of the ship. It made one giant ring around the ship, small enough that you could shout on one side and hear it from the other but large enough that it also made a decently sized track for him to do his morning jogs around. He veered left and started his way towards the living quarters.

____

Jin's face was fixed into a perpetual frown. He sped his way past Joon, avoiding making eye contact with the ex-leader of Noon Mool completely. Jin clucked his tongue at the cobwebs that clung to the ceilings of that curved hallway, and at the random open boxes or half-open shelves that clustered along the hallways as if someone had run out of proper office space.

I'm not sure what's more of a mess: our crew, or this ship.

Lilith slipped her fingers between Jin's as they walked and held his hand firmly. His fingers loosely curled around her knuckles in response but he didn't look at her.

He has every right to be mad at me. He does. I'll just need to give him some time.

____

Tae latched an arm through one of Jungkook's, letting Kookie lead him along as Tae's gaze wandered absentmindedly around the hallway. He spotted a golden square frame propped up against one wall that looked like a clock, but it had no numbers or tick marks on it. Next to it, a box of old-fashioned paper files sat, with a few folders thrown along the floor next to it with papers scattering out of them. He flashed his starlight smile at his own hopeful, free thoughts rattling around so comfortably in his head.

Somebody needs to implement a color coded filing system. Good thing they have me!

Jungkook could sense Shae walking just behind him--beyond merely the nearness of her echoing footsteps. He was having trouble taking in the room around them, the fact of Tae clinging to his arm, or even registering the hum of an older engine at work.