Spoiler: They Make Out

Joon didn't understand why Shae wouldn't look at him. All he'd done was asked her how the close combat training was faring over a cup of tea.

Joon's eyes trailed from her averted gaze, over her unusually blank face. Her face that was dusted with makeup that intensified her striking eyes and arched eyebrows. Then his eyes drifted down her milky neck, the smooth curve of her clavicle, and the feminine flare of her powdered blue dress in and out and around her frame. His eyes flitted up to the sliver charm pinning back her hair.

The invitation in her appearance didn't match the closed tone of her voice.

He pulled his china cup steaming softly with tea to his lips and gave another sip as he sat in the armchair across from the sofa where Shae sat and sipped from her own delicate china cup. 

The lounge door is closed. It's just us, she doesn't need to by so shy.

"Joon, what are we doing?"

Her eyes looked at him now: direct but kind, caring yet stern. Joon's heart skipped a beat, but he took another sip of his tea to hide it, then placed the cup on the table next to him.

"What do you mean? We're having afternoon tea."

She set her own cup aside on the coffee table in front of her and folded her hands together in her the lap of her powdery blue dress. Ladylike and delicate.

"I mean you and I. What are we doing, Joon?"

"Where's this coming from? Are you feeling nervous about the meeting with Petra? I'm sure you'll be perfection."

Shae felt deeply unnerved by Joon avoiding her question with more questions. She pursed her lips together and waited carefully and patiently for a response from him before offering up anything in return.

Joon raised himself up from his chair and went to sit on the couch next to her. One of his arms reached around and rested on the seatback behind her. His body was turned towards hers, one leg tucked up under the knee of the other on the cushion.

Shae looked down at her clasped hands.

Joon reached out with his free hand, reached into those fingers, and pulled one of those delicate hands gently to his lips. He held it there a moment, his breath flushing in and out over her knuckles. The sensation scattered the muddle that was already stirring in Shae's thoughts.

His eyes searched her face. Her's searched back.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Shae whispered, warmth spreading through her skin under his gaze.

"Like what?" Joon asked back in a low, smooth tone.

He knew, though. He didn't know when it had hit him, but he knew the hunger that was building fresh and new as he sat there and took in the sight of her. As his eyes were pouring over her.

Why was it suddenly so overwhelming?

Joon swallowed hard and let go of her hand, his finger reaching up and fidgeting with the collar of his shirt as he leaned back into the back of the sofa.

Was it getting hotter in here?

"Are you feeling alright, Joon?" Shae was upset with him, but even so. He didn't seem his usual cool-as-a-cucumber self all of a sudden. She reached out her hand and pressed the back of it against his forehead. It was certainly warmer than usual.

At her touch, his face flushed crimson. He grabbed her wrist and pushed her hand away, getting quickly to his feet.

"I'm sorry, I'm not feeling quit myself all of a sudden...."

Shae rose to her feet in haste and stood before Joon, placing a hand on his arm in concern.

Something in the gesture, in Shae standing so close, made Joon sway forward. Suddenly his feet shuffled around hers. His hands cupped around her forearms, then slid slowly up the length of her arms.

So smooth. So small.

His hands slipped around Shae's shoulders and trailed down the dip of her back.

He could hear the shift in her breaths, becoming shallow and fast.

"Joon, I need to talk to you right now, not--"

Kim Namjoon's hungry hands were sliding around the hips of that powdery blue dress and tugging Shae into him, firm and yet soft. His open mouth fell forward, ready to taste as much of Shae as he could get. And Shae let him.

His hands, his breath, his skin—it felt wrong and right all at the same time. This fierce hunger was something new and exhilarating and scary.

"Wait," she thought to herself, "I need to talk to him. This is important. This...."

But Joon's open mouth and heavy breaths were tracing across her cheek, then  trailing down her neck. When his teeth lightly grazed the skin of her shoulder, all the things in her brain that were saying it was time to stop were overruled by the way her skin turned magnetic for his.

"Joon." She meant to say his name in protest, but that's not how it came out at all at all.

His mouth found hers again. Her hands reached up and wrapped around his neck, then up, raking and clawing through his white hair. His arms pulled her tightly into him, as if he wanted to press her into his skin and take her in completely.

"Shae."

The sound of her name so pained from his lips ached so damn much.

They paused.

She stared up into his eyes, now, their breaths laboring into each other, eyes so full and fierce, hungry and afraid. She felt his large hands slacken and slide across her back.

"Shae, you need to go now," he breathed, as their noses continued to brush each other. She stole one more kiss.

The taste was almost unbearable. He needed her to go, or this could get out of hand, but damn. Damn.

Embarrassed now, Shae fiddled with and smoothed out her dress.

His hands were fists at his sides now, as he took a few paces back from her.

"I'll see you in the morning," he said, his voice still heavy, like steam building underneath a lid.

One minute, nothing could stop him. The next, nothing could make him more determined to stop. Shae's emotions were a blur, and at the center of them all she just wanted him to hold her anyway, and not ever let go. Was that so wrong?

"I'll see you later, then."

Once she had left the room, Kim Namjoon rushed over to his tea cup and pulled out the teabag that was nestled therein. He peered into the dripping pouch and shifted the contents through his fingers until he found just what he was looking for: a small pebble-like herb of vibrant emerald green.

It was a powerful aphrodisiac.

He walked over and pulled the tea bag from Shae's cup, discovering it there as well.

"Whoever did this," he growled dangerously to himself, "is fucking dead."