"Hush Hush, Bro."

"Does it hurt?"

"No. Should it?"

Jin was standing over the operating chair in which Jungkook was reclining. Jin held up a long metal spike in his gloved hands. He pulled and bent the arm of the light that was hanging over the operating chair so that it shifted lower and closer to Jungkook's head.

For once in his life, Jungkook looked nervous.

"What is that for?"

Jin said in a foreboding voice, "It's for gauging out your eyes."

"HYUNG!" Jungkook's eyes bugged out and he lifted his arms in an X over his face.

"What? I'm not an ax murderer, I'm a doctor." Jin rolled his eyes. "Now stop squirming."

Jin lay the metal spike flat across Jungkook's lap, adjusting it so that it was balanced and wouldn't fall to one side or the other and onto the floor.

"Why's it so heavy?" Jungkook grumbled.

"Why's your head so big?" Jin sassed back.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes at the good doctor, but he was afraid to move too much and make the metal rod laying across his lap to shift too much. Not that he was actually scared of Jin's wrath or anything, right? Right.

Jin pulled a clear handheld monitor up off of the counter nearby and stared methodically over the pixelated details ticking and dancing across the screen.

"Seriously, what is this thing?"

Jin gave a sigh laced with superiority. "It's a device that measures magi-electric energy. Right now it's measuring you."

"Well what does it say? Show me."

"It's loading."

"What is this, last century? No one waits for things to load anymore."

Jin flicked Jungkook in the forehead, like flicking a dog that'd just made a mess. "Hush hush, bro, before I stick you with a sedative."

Jungkook gave a deadpan glare back in response, eyes dull, but said nothing.

"AHA!"

"What?"

Jin plucked the metal spike from Jungkook's lap and tossed it with a noisy metallic clanging onto a counter next to them. Then Jin shifted in his wheeled stool and tilted the clear screen in his hands so that Jungkook could see it too.

"This. Is you."

The screen showed a fuzzy dark blue silhouette of Jungkook's body. Through the pixelated blur of blue, tiny white dashes were crawling along the inside.

"Are those worms!?"

"Oh god, no."

The dashes seemed to be flowing in a particular pattern, one after the other: up and down limbs, into finger sockets, twirling around the lungs, spinning around the kidney, and on and on. The area around the brain looked like a snow globe because there were so many dancing white lines, while a good deal more seemed to spiral along down the spinal chord like lights around a Christmas tree.

"Not worms?"

"These," Jin gestured to all the white lines, "signify flow and concentration of magi-electric energy."

"How nice. Now, what the flip does that mean?"

Jin pursed his lips and paused, features unmoving, to shoot a deadpan glare at their youngest companion. "Don't make me hit you this time." Jin turned back to the screen in his hands. "If you were normal, you'd still have some of these floating around in different areas because I know I've put more than a few runes into your skin, some permanent and some not. Mysterium leaves a lasting mark. But THIS level of energy...I'd never put enough runes on any living body to make someone turn into this."