Jeon Solo II

There was searing light. And then there was perfect darkness.

There was twisting, crashing pain. And then coolness swelled into everything.

Zero gravity. He was in zero gravity. Or floating in timelessness. Or he didn't exist, was just spirit and spark, swallowed into the great void of space.

Or he was still perfectly alive.

Comforting coolness engulfed Jeon Jungkook. He didn't know that he was still breathing, that his jumpsuit was still converting his breaths back into oxygen and keeping him from suffocating. He floated in sapphire liquid, water encased in solid Mysterium. The mineral cavity flickered and zinged with electric blue light, like a ghostly lightning storm was raging inside solid rock.

He dreamed.

There was a tree. The soft pink petals of its flowers were falling away in thick curtains, and scattering in the wind into black ash.

Beneath the tree stood six familiar faces all in a line, and six more he did not know.

The black ash swirled around and consumed them.

Out of the blackness, a fire burned. It was hot coals. It was a fiery rage. It was everywhere. It became magnificent towering fortresses toppling from the clouds, crumbling to the sound of wailing human agony and death: a scene of Era under destruction.

There was a calm woman in the midst of the fire. Beautiful. Breathtaking. Icy blue hair flowed down from her shoulders. She stretched out a hand towards Jungkook, an invitation.

There was calm in her. Peace. He stretched out his hand towards the peace in her own. As soon as his fingertips touched hers, the image of her perfect smile and the feeling of that perfect bliss were shattered. Agony and despair consumed him like a fiery blaze.

His own image shattered, as if looking into a mirror and watching it crack and scatter.

All at once there was a FLASH. Four vibrant circles overlapping, in a pattern of white light, burst over the vision and swallowed it whole.

Jeon Jungkook opened his eyes.