0.30

**TRIGGER WARNING—SHOOTING**

"All classes go into lockdown, this is not a drill. I repeat this is not a drill. Please go into lockdown now."

My eyes widen and there are screams and gasps from the girls around us. I look up to see Jungkook and Namjoon rushing to the door.

boom

Suddenly a gunshot is heard from the hallway. Everyone rushes to the corner behind a large
desk.

boom

Another gunshot is heard.

I'm frozen in my place. Those gunshots could be killing people that I love. My friends.

"Cmon Tae get over here." I look up again to see Jungkook and Namjoon moving the teachers desk over to the door. Jimin pulls me behind the other desk and I whine.

Boom

"Jungkook is fine Tae." Jimin assures me. "He'll be here in a second and so will Namjoon." He turns to Jin and reassures him.

Boom

"I hope." Jin whispers, his eyes glossing over as another gunshot rings through the school. They are getting closer and closer to our classroom. I notice that my eyes are also getting filling with tears as well.

Boom
Boom
Boom
Boom

Rapid fire. I hear the bullets ricochet off of the the lockers creating a big clanking noises.

"K-kookie." I whisper so quiet that I know no one can hear me. I bring my knees up to my chest and start crying. Everyone is crying. Every single person behind the desk is crying.

Boom

I lead out a sob into my hands. I want Kookie. I sob again. Maybe Kookie won't come back.

"Tae." I hear the sweet voice of my boyfriend in my ear.

"K-kookie." I sob and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me into his lap and wraps his arms around my torso.

"Shhh baby, you're fine." He whispers in my ear. "I'm not letting anything happen to you." He rocks me back and forth and whispers in my ear. "Ever."

Boom

I flinch and let out another sob.

"You're okay." He rubs my back and kisses he side of my head.

Thud
Thud
Thud

There's knocking on the door.

"Helloooo, anyone homeee?" A gravely voice comes from outside the door. I gasp and Jungkook puts his hand over my mouth so I won't make any noise. He looks into my eyes and nods his head, signaling me to be quiet. I nod my head back and a tear comes out of my eyes and rolls down Jungkook's hand. He kisses my forehead and pulls me into his chest.

"You're okay Tae." Jungkook whispers and kisses my head. "No one is going to hurt you." He pulls me into my chest and continues to rock me back and forth.

"Open up kiddos." The man yells pounding on the door even harder. "I'll have to get in myself."

Boom
Clash

Broken glass falls all over the floor and I scream into Jungkook's hand. Other screams are heard from the other kids. Jungkook removes his hand and pulls me even closer to him.

"You're okay baby." Jungkook pets my hair and kisses my lips. "Just look at me and breath." He grabs my face and makes me look into his eyes.

"You little shits put a desk in front of the door." The man yells and loud banging of the door sounds throughout the room. "Fuck you guys."

Boom

A bullets hits the wall in front of us. I scream again, along with a bunch of others.

"Kookie." I sob into Jungkook's chest.

"THIS IS THE POLICE, ON THE GROUND NOW." A voice yells and I look into Jungkook's eyes. He nods at me and kisses forehead. I hug him and let my tears wet his shirt.

"Cmon kids lets get out of the school. Hands up everyone." I get off of Jungkook's lap and put my hands over my head. I look around to see all the other kids with their hands up too. Their faces tear stained and sniffling.

"It's okay Tae." Jungkook reassures me and puts his hands up too. He grabs my hand as we walk out of the classroom.

Once we finally get out to the school parking lot we hear that no one was hurt and that there was three shooters and they all got caught.

"You guys can put your hands down now." An officer says and I let out a sigh of relief. I look at Jungkook and he hugs me immediately. I feel hugs from all around me and realize it's all of my friends. We're all safe now.

"Are you guys okay?" I ask the group and all of them nod. I smile at them lightly and Jungkook puts his arm around my shoulders.

Everyone goes into their own separate conversations and I feel Jungkook turn me around to him.

"You're still crying." He wipes my cheeks and looks into my eyes. I didn't even realize.

"I'm just happy we're all okay." I say and he kisses my forehead. I feel safe now, I mean I felt safe in the school. Not really. But I knew I wouldn't have gotten shot. Jungkook wouldn't let that happen. Now I'm feel even safer, Jungkook here with his arms around me and kissing my forehead.

"This section of students may begin to leave." A police officer comes to our group and I feel Jungkook kiss my forehead again.

"Do you want to go home baby?" He pulls away and grabs my face. I nod my head and he grabs my hand. "Then let's go home and go to sleep."

We walk home hand in hand trying to forget what just happened at our school. I can't believe Jungkook was ready to protect me with his life back there. He really does care about me. I rest my head on his shoulder as we walk and he laughs lightly.