Chosen

*Neko*

I follow my nose down the hall until I come to a door. My hearbeat grows wild as I search for the door handle. There is none.

I begin to beat on the door, uncaring of who may hear. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone inside will open it and-

"Sir?" A hesitant voice comes through the door.

In my best Kevin voice I scream "get this door open now you idiots!"

"Yes sir, sorry sir."

The door creaks open and then I hear three startled gasps.

Where is Angel? I can't tell where Mandy is in relation to these three scientists.

And then I hear it.

Her hearbeat.

Unique to her.

My love.

I dive through the air, crashing my fists into faces and my knees into chests. All three lie on the floor unconscious as I make my way over to Mandy's beating heart. My body crashes into many obstacles before I finally reach her. Before I can feel her smooth face.

"Mandy?"

There is no reply.

I don't know what's been done to her. I can't see. I can't-  A crash at the door forces me to turn. Two heartbeats. One much younger.

And then I hear words I never thought I would hear coming from Kevin's mouth. "Please. Please don't take her. I need her. I need to know what's wrong with my daughter. I need to know if she's going to be ok."

"You could have just asked." I growl at him, my senses desperatly searching for the trap Kevin has laid. What am I missing? "Mandy would have helped you in any way she could if it concerned the safety of a child."

"I-" Kevin's voice faulters.

I hear the sound of footsteps running down the hall and brace for the worse.

"Neko! Mandy!" Angels voice rings out in the hall.

"Here!" I yell.

I keep my senses tuned to Kevin though. And the child. There was no way of knowing what they were really doing.

I hear Angels rapid breathing as it breaks into the room.

"Help me get Mandy out. I can't tell what they did to her."

I feel Angel beside me and then her quick movements as she undos everything holding Mandy down.

"She's in a coma. One in which she can control." I feel Angel turn to look at him as I gather Mandy into my arms. "She has the ability to leave, if she wants. The problem is, I made her world to good to want to come back."

"What do you mean?" I growl.

"See for yourself."

I stare blankly into the space where I have pinpointed him to be.

"Right... Maybe you could explain white cat."

"She's truly happy, Neko."

My heart breaks. That was what was different about her smell. I had never smelled her so happy before...

"But it's a dream." I growl at whoever will listen. I bring Mandy's body closer to my chest as if that will show her that what she is seeing is only a dream.

"She's know that it is." Kevin's voice seems to be coming through a filter. I don't want to believe him.

"It's true Neko. They have something that shows her awareness level and her happiness level. Both are high." Angels words cut me deeper than I've ever felt. She doesn't want to be with me anymore.

Suddenly, a buzzer starts to go off in the room and I hear Kevin take a sharp breath.

"What is it?" I growl threateningly.

"Her true love, the one we tailored to her, someone who will love her like nobody else can, he was just erased from her dream."

"What does that mean."

"She's choosen"

"Choosen what?" My heart beat wildly in my chest.

"You. She's choosen you Neko. She's overriding her own dream and fighting to come back to you." I never thought that something Kevin said could make me so happy.