Purpose

*Mandy*

"So you think this whole thing is a dream..." I had just attempted to explain to him what had been happening lately and now he was trying to make some sense of it, not an easy task, I should add.

"No, I don't 'think' it's a dream. I know it is. Sometimes... I just forget to remember that it is."

"And Kevin is this evil genius that somehow captured you... who, by the way, is an 'Ultimate' who can transform into an endless supply of animals.... and then put you in this dreamlike reality."

"I can see why you think I'm crazy..." I tried to laugh it off but he was still staring.

"I believe you"

"I know it's hard to believe but... Wait what did you say?" I observe him closely trying to see if he is just making fun of me.

"I believe you... Actually some days I feel like I don't even have a purpose. I just get up and do the same thing every day, and then suddenly I see you. Out of all the days I have been walking that street by the library at the same time every day, you were there this time. And from that point, my life hasn't been the same. I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't do anything without tying it to you somehow."

I glance at him sheepishly. "That kind of sounds like-"

"Yes, I know. Like I'm in love with you. But you're obviously in love with someone else. Wouldn't that break my heart? Because it doesn't. I want to see you happy. I want you to be with this Neko guy even if that means you can't be with me. "

My heart.

"That's... That's really sweet of you, Adrian." Why couldn't guys be this sincere in the real world? Why couldn't I have met a guy like this before.... Well... Then I wouldn't have met Neko.

"So what do we do?"

My attention snaps back to him. "What?"

"What do we do? How do we get you out of this dream world permanently."

"You realize that if I'm not in it, this world will probably cease to exist or-"

"Or worse, I'll go back to this endless cycle where I'm just a zombie without a purpose."

"Adrian..." I don't know how to comfort him.

"Mandy, really, it's fine. The only purpose I have is to make you happy. And if I don't, and you're stuck in this dream, it will haunt me forever."

"...thank you."

He shakes his head. "No, thank you for giving my life purpose, at least for these few days."