Angel

I was walking along the street when she happened to fall from the sky. Yes...fell....from the sky.

I reached down and picked up the little white cat by the scruff of her neck. "Hello, Angel. Yes, it is me. And yes, I do remember. And furthermore, yes, I am trying to break Neko out." She gave me a pitiful meow before I threw her into an alleyway. She's a cat, she'll land on her feet.

Angel stepped out of the alley in human form, golden hair that was almost white flowing around her shoulders.

"That was mean."

"I'm a mean person."

"No you're not."

"I am now." I gave a mocking bow. "I was looking for you."

"I know. I could feel it. That's why I happened to drop in." She laughed but stopped when she noticed my stony expression. "You have changed. You're...harder."

"Crap happens." I say before continuing my walk down the street. She followed.

"So you remember?"

"I remember."

"And?"

"And what." I was starting to regret seeking Angel out. Was she always this annoying?

"Why? How? Why were you looking for me?"

I stopped and turned to look at her, hand thrown lazily on my hip. "I am, The Ultimate. Its nice to meet you." I gave a fake smile and then proceeded down the sidewalk.

It took a few moments of confused silence, but finally Angel understood. "You're the one they've been looking for! Not me! All this time they were looking for "the Ultimate" not "the White Cat".

I let her ponder over these thoughts for awhile as I entered a coffee shop.

"Oh my- Mandy....does that mean...?"

I raised my eyebrows at her as I tied an apron around my waist and neck.

"Oh my gosh, Mandy. You're...you're freaking beast!"

I laughed out loud, covering my mouth to hide the worst of my snickers. "Wow, Angel. I gotta work. Meet me later here so we can talk about getting in. Maybe you'll have accepted the fact that I'm....beast....by then." I coughed down another round of snickers before shooing her out.

"You work? The Ultimate shouldn't work?" Angel was saying as I shoved her out the door.

I shook my head as I returned behind the counter. She was still the same Angel since the same day I met her, maybe just a little less intimidating.