Romance Section

I woke up Thursday morning ready for my day in London. I liked going on trips to London on business days because that meant there would be less people to run into.

I decided to leave Kiken at home obviously because London was no place for a cat. He could run off and i'd never find him again. and besides. If those men really did own him, I didn't want him getting taken away from me.

I slipped on a knit cap over my frizzy hair and then tugged a light jacket off the hook in my closet. It got cold at night while heading home. 

I waved to Kiken before heading downstairs to breakfast. Kiken decided to follow. He laid in my lap as i ate, not even begging for the bacon that I was eating. I guess he figured mom would give him the leftovers like every morning. 

I made sure my book that i had just finished last night was securely in my pocket before telling mom and Kiken good bye. I headed out.

Mike, my usual bus driver, picked me up at our make shift bus stop. He smiled and waved good morning to me like always as i took a seat in the middle of the bus. I leaned back and enjoyed the sunshine slipping through the windows. This felt like it was going to be a great day.

I got off at the library, like always. Mike called "See you this evening!" As i stepped onto the sidewalk. I smiled back at him and waved again. He was awfully nice.

I made my way through the library to the romance section. That was always my first stop after dropping my book off at the front desk. 

I began searching through the books, humming to myself a one direction song for some reason. I didn't really like the  group itself, but there songs were quite catchy. 

I was halfway through the chorus of "What makes you beautiful" and sliding to my right to look at more books when I ran into him. I didn't mean to... I just wasn't paying attention.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry... I wasn't even paying attention." I gasped loudly once I realized what had happened. 

He looked down at me and laughed. "Not to worry, I wasn't paying attention either." I held in a gasp at how flawless he was. Perfect, beautiful tan skin. Perfect, pearly white smile. Gorgeous, sandy brown hair. And darling green eyes. Stunning actually. Faint worthy. 

He spoke again. "Sorry, I'm Adrian." He held out a hand but i was too shocked by how his voice sounded for my hand to cooperate.  He was glorious. Unreal. There was no way...

"Miss?" He gave me a concerned look. I'm sure my mouth was hanging wide open. 

"Oh! Yes...  I'm sorry. Mandy. I'm Mandy. It's nice to meet you." I reached out to shake his hand. It was warm. So warm and so comforting. The butterflies in my stomach felt like they were trying to bore a hole through me.

He released my hand and stepped back. "I'll let you get back to looking, Mandy." 

I was still shocked that I had just carried out a conversation with a beautiful stranger. "ight....Uhm, thanks. Sorry again?" 

He smiled again, "No problem, Mandy-o" And then he walked away. I grumbled to myself after I was sure he was out of ear shot. There was no way I could fall in love with him, no way, no how. Because I was me, and he was he. And me and he, did not go together. 

As for the butterflies in my stomach, I digested them.