You

I felt like I had to protect him now. I had to protect this poor blind boy from the evil swarming around us.

"I'm blind, aren't I." It wasn't a question. He knew. "I had the feeling...I just...I didn't want to accept it." I traced the side of his face with my thumb. He had stopped flinching as much when I touched him.

I hadn't seen the one who called himself Kevin since I had woke up. I hadn't seen anyone but Neko, actually. And Neko... Well you know.

Neko told me about Kevin. Sometimes he'd start into a rhyme and then continue on for a full stanza before he apologized and tried to talk sensibly again. He cradled me in his arms even though I wasn't really the one in need of comfort. It was still nice to be in his arms again. Neko... It's kind of unbelievable.

"Mandy?"

"Yes?" I answered tracing my hand up and down his forearm.

"I still love you."

I laughed, a heart-achingly laugh. I nestled deeper into his chest and said. "I love you too, Neko."

I felt his hand in my hair suddenly, gently combing it back and finding the tangles.

How long could it last this time?

"Mandy." He said again.

"Yes, Neko?"

"I...I have a song."

I laughed. "That's good Neko."

"Remember when I told you I'd never sing for you?"

"But you did...you sang to me One Direction songs...."

"Do you remember?"

"...I remember..."

"I want to sing to you every day now. Every moment. Just to have you wrapped up in my arms...Mandy, it's not enough."

"I know, Neko, I know." I caressed his cheek and he leaned into my touch.

"Can I?...May I?"

"I'd want nothing more."

There was silence for awhile and then, with my ear pressed snuggly against his chest, I heard the start of what was to be the most beautiful sound I had ever heard.

"So many nights trying to hide it, But now I stay awake just pleading for more. To think this heart was divided, I'm losing sleep cause I can't ignore... Feeling your touch all around, peacefully hearing the sound of silence around us... Find me, here in your arms, Now I'm wondering where you've always been. And blindly, I came to you, knowing you'd breathe new life from within... I can't get enough of you..."

Tears began to well up in my eyes at the beauty and sincerity...and love.

"I want to be where you are. In times of need, I just want you to stay. I never want you to be so far. There's so many things to say.... Hearing your voice all around. The last place we're going is down. I'll blindly follow, knowing you're leading the way.... With you in time, there's nothing else. My life stands still. You are my will, that makes me strong... Make me strong. You sleep, here in my arms where the world just shuts down for a while. There's peace and relief in this smile. Peace and relief in my smile. I can't get enough of you...."

A laugh erupted a few feet from us and I whipped around to face it. I could feel Neko's heart under my hand beating furiously.

"That was sweet, Neko. Your times up though. Boys. Grab the girl."