Harvest Time

This is it. I'm doing it. I am being The Ultimate. 

'Eye of the Tiger' played in the background as I shifted from animal to animal in plain view of both Jeff and Angel. It's kind of funny thinking about it, actually.

It had taken weeks for me to get this far. But after finally transforming into a cat with the help of Angel, and then a husky with the help of Jeff, the other animals came easier. I just had to picture and then breathe. And here I was, meowing like a cat one instant and screaming like a monkey the next.  I swung onto Angel's shoulder and snickered in her ear. 

"You don't have to brag, Beast."

"Of course I don't, Ange. Doesn't mean I won't!" I laughed as I flipped into the air, transforming into a Raven. I felt so real, so free, so...Ultimate. These few weeks had been tough. I was finally reaping the benefits. Better yet, I am ready now. I am ready to save him now. I was ready to go get Neko. 

~

"Mr. Salmos. She seems to have gotten the hang of it."

"I told you! Call me Kevin. "

"Sorry, sir... Kevin... She seems to have gotten the hang of it."

"Let me see." The intern hands the binoculars to him. "Good. Very good. Call the troops in. She's ready for harvest."

"Harvest sir?"

"Taken! She's ready to be taken, you idiot!" The intern flinched as he was slapped on the back of his head.

He picked up his walkie-talkie and input a code before talking into it. "Ya, this is Intern 3.0. No, he is...busy at the moment." The intern glanced at his employer who was giggling to himself as he watched the trio across the street. "Yes, he says Subject 1 is ready for...harvest... Yes, he said harvest... I don't know, I 'll ask."  The intern covered the mouthpiece before saying, "Kevin sir. The troops would like to know if Harvest implies that they kill her."

"NO, YOU IDIOT!" The intern tensed in anticipation of another whack. "Give it here." He did. "No, You don't kill her, you idiots! What am I even paying you for? Where did I find you? Get over here and take her out, ok? No... Take her out does not mean kill. WE ARE NOT KILLING HER OK?! Ok? ok. Good. I'll see you back at the office."

"Come, Turkey Bowler. We have to prepare for the arrival of a queen. I'm sure she'll want to see her loyal subject... Not that he'll be able to see her." The intern flinched as his employer fell into another fit of evil sounding laughter. He only wanted something exciting... But this... What had he signed up for?