Anger Management

"What the heck are you doing." I was trying to 'zone in' on a couple's conversation in the back of the room. "you're staring, Mandy. If they catch you staring they're going to be a little more than freaked out." I quickly snapped my attention to Jeff. 

"Right."

"If you want to listen in on a conversation, you can't make it obvious... Like this." He busied himself with cleaning the counter. turning back to me he said "They're talking about how cute she is. Fighting actually. Not cute, yes you're cute. That whole scenario."

"What the heck...you just cleaned the counter."

"Exactly."

I shook my head at him. My gosh, I have a lot to learn. "What do I do to turn it on?"

"Mandy- can I call you Mandy.."

"Well you have been and you might  as well since, you know, that's my name."

"I don't appreciate your sarcasm."

"i don't appreciate the fact that I am the Ultimate and I don't know Crap!" I had shouted that last part and attracted the attention of almost every customer in the Coffee shop. Great. 

He shrugged off my shout and quietly said, "Try again." I shook my head. Done. "Close your eyes, face toward me and I'll act like we're talking. You just... It's not a switch, Mandy. You don't just suddenly hear everything in stereo. You..ease into it. Like a cold pool. Imagine your hearing ability is a real thing. It's... Purple. Now imagine it slowly reaching out, from what you can hear now, and then farther and farther until you actually hear what you want to hear."

I sighed and did as I was told, imagining until I could hear a younger woman say, "Honestly, they're a cute couple. But I think she needs a bit of anger management."

"she thinks I need anger management," I said with a bored look at Jeff. He gave me an amused look and then nodded to the blonde woman and the nerd look-a-like about a hundred yards away from us.  "She...thinks that I need anger management." I laughed. 'She thinks I need anger management, Jeff!" 

He laughed too and nodded. "She's probably right."

I hit him. 

And then I celebrated. Because I, The Ultimate, could finally control my hearing ability. One step closer my friend, one step closer.

~

Why the heck, is it so dark?

Why the heck, do I hear a dog bark?

The sound makes my back arc.

But I can't see even a little spark.

My heads become stormy,

Lighting and thunder in the black.

But what, therefore, lies before me,

I'm sure it'll come with a painful slap.

Killing myself,

that's an idea,

killing myself,

while listening to Ave Maria.

It's Kevins new torture, 

Makes my head spin,

Ave Maria.

Let it End, Let it End.

What have I to live for?

What have I to do?

Where will my thoughts be,

when my Mandy is in here too?

How can I protect her?

Especially in this dark.

How can I protect her?

I love her with all my heart.