Anything and Everything

Start from the beginning

Not that he didn’t look appealing, it just that he was no where what she preferred and nor was he into her league.

And that only made her wonder what was it that made her so nervous around him… or rather should she say scared of him.

“I would be fine with anything, say photography, curating, creatives, content or even pr .” Akshi said, her eyes wandering off towards each and every person that sat around her.

Once she was introduced to everyone, Parthiv had called out for a break, which she later on realized was something where the guys with guitars would come at the front, the other guy whom she thought to be much off an ass, and was marketing’ s coordinator, and with a small talk with him made her realize how she was right – had taken up the space beside the guitarist asking him to play all kind of Hindi songs.
Though it was cliché or may be different, he gave her a true picture of how a person should be. Be as clear as you could, never give a fuck to what others say and never say sorry for your opinion, be it right or the worst off all.
But as the songs had proceeded and they all had gotten tired, the attention was once again focused on Akshi, asking her numerous questions, some she answered with a smile, some gave her shivers, and some were as confusing as these.

The marketing coordinator whose name she now remembered to be Chirag looked at her with a weird look and asked.

“With so many talents why did you came here… don’t you think Australia was a better place for you. But on a serious note, what are you best at?”

“why is that only other countries should have the talents, India could as well enhance with it… and whatever I do , I do my best , so its up to you guys where do you want the best to be at?” Akshi said and looked around.

There was a pin drop silence around, as if there was a huge crime that had occurred in that premises.

“I would like you to work with creative’s for now, but if …if you ever want you can work with the curators and the other volunteers as well, you are free to go about and lend your hand.” She heard Parthiv say, as he waved his hands through his hair, and wink at her, a sly smile coming up on his face as he observed her shocked expression.

“How… I mean thank you…” a much flabbergasted Akshi replied, as everyone began to laugh and got back to their work.

“Chill, it’s going to be a bit tough to work with him, but it will be fun.” Akshi turned around and saw Chirag sitting right behind her. Shifting a bit so as to come face to face with him, she smiled at him and said.

“it is never easy to work with creative minds, but the ones filled with arrogance are the worst.”

“am I talking with a judgmental mind? “ the raise of his eyebrows made her feel a bit uncomfortable, the way they intimidated her , made her make a mental note to never stay around him.

“can’t say so, many times we point out to others, forgetting we might as well be at fault.”
A weird silence fell amongst the two, which wasn’t comfortable or uncomfortable. Just a peace among two minds that had huge questions!

“Wise words from a pretty face are quite rare.” Chirag said bending a bit towards her, making Akshi shift a bit more, and before he could come any more close, she stood up and picked up   her bag and was about to walk out, but stopped and said,
“Not every pretty thing is amazing and not every amazing thing is pretty… when known, see you around - SIR” and with a sharp turn she walked out from there.

Some people in her life, had fitted like a perfect match, some were a bit difficult to and some though were there, but she knew she had to keep them far away from her , and somehow Akshi knew Chirag shukla the coordinator of TEDx marketing was one such man.
____________________________________________________________________
The keys jingled a bit and then a soft click the door of her apartment opened, the silence that she met with was a bit relaxing. It seemed kartik wasn’t at home, and as her eyes landed on the watch she knew he wouldn’t be for a long time now.