Just a Snack

"You aren't as much of a complete ass as I thought."

"Was that a compliment?"

"Don't push your luck, Min Yoongi."

Yoongi had his suit jacket tossed over his shoulder and the front of his white collared shirt open just slightly. His tie had become a single long strand of black fabric resting around his neck and being whisked in the breeze on both sides.

Ava was dangling her heels from between two fingers and she was gripping at the folds of her black knee length dress in the other hand. Her free-flowing reddish hair kept catching in the breeze, fluttering in such a way that Min Yoongi found entirely distracting. Her bare feet padded along on what was a cobblestone paved offshoot of the main arena area.

The two of them walked through a mostly empty area of the stadium where bistros and cafes were situated, now mainly occupied by servers who were wiping down tables. Most people had already up and headed to their seats to see the Ganche Games get underway. Every now and then a roar echoed from the stands behind them at some victorious scene or terrible defeat, though Ava didn't know which.

She didn't much care, either.

She was enjoying herself too much to care.

"So are you fighting in the games today, Yoongi?"

"Hell no. Hobi's the man for that job."

"Oh."

Without warning, Ava felt something hard collide with her chest.

"Watch it, yah dummy!" Yoongi had suddenly stretched an arm out and braced it against Ava's collar, stopping her in her tracks.

Ava snapped, "I wasn't in your way, thank you very much."

He let her go, waving down at the paved walkway in front of them, where shards of broken glass from a thrown bottle were scattered across their path. Yoongi looked down at Ava's bare feet, then up at her face.

"Oh."

"Jeeze...." Yoongi did an about face and turned to look towards the stadium. "Maybe we should head back anyway. Your people are probably looking for you."

"You mean Tae? I doubt it."

Yoongi noticed a dejected note to the laugh Ava barked, but he didn't acknowledge it.

"C'mon," he growled, as he started off back towards the fighting arena.

Ava fell in line again beside him, noticing that his strides were slow and casual. She wondered if it was his natural swagger, or if it was because she was barefooted and he was trying to be accommodating. The thought curbed the bite in her tongue a bit.

His gravely voice rose up again, "Hey, I wanna show you something first."

"If this is you tryna make a pass at me, I'll tell you right now--"

Yoongi barked a single, loud laugh. "You'd know if I was making a pass at you."

"Oh?"

He smirked over at her. Then he pivoted and started walking backwards right in front of Ava, his small dark eyes laughing back at her in a soft, quiet way. "Hey Ava?"

"The heck are you doing? Shouldn't YOU watch where you're going?"

Yoongi stopped in his tracks.

Ava stopped in hers, lest she walk straight into his chest with hands fumbling into his white collared shirt.

"You're in my way and I'm not amused," Ava said in a deadpan voice.

Yoongi leaned in, still smirking. He leaned, his face inching closer into Ava's, until their noses were inches apart.