The Flab Four Part One

Start from the beginning

Shocked at what happened, the Beatles quickly made their way to their car and drove off, hoping no one saw them. "Hmm.... Not exactly what I expected, but I think it will do nicely." The man snickered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The incident didn't go completely unnoticed as some fans eventually contacted the police who then launched an investigation at the theater. However John's wife, Cynthia and Ringo's fiancé Maureen Cox were unaware of what had happened, mostly because they were on their way to the Beatles' recording studio to check up on them. But upon entering, the two girls were surprised to find the place completely empty.

"That's odd." Cynthia thought. "They would usually be rehearsing new songs after a performance."

Just then, she heard someone's muffled voice come from a nearby closet. Quietly moving towards it, she put her ear on the door.

"Will you move over a tad Lennon? I can barely breathe with your arse in me way."

"Yeah well I can't move anywhere with two other fatties in here with us."

"What are they talking about?" Cynthia thought.

Knowing that the Beatles won't be coming out anytime soon, she tapped against the closet door to try and get their attention.

"... OH CRAP!!" Paul exclaimed as he looked through the keyhole and saw his best friend's wife on the other side. "Uh... Hi Cyn. What brings you here?"

"Wait! Cyn's here?!" John said as he panicked. "I gotta hide!"

"Why are you four in there? Did something happen?"

"Uh... Um... I don't think you want to see us just yet."

"Paul... Maybe we should-"

"Are you nuts George?! I don't want me wife to see me like this!"

"And what if anyone else is there with her? We'd be the laughing stock of Liverpool!"

"But Ringo, I do think she has a right to know what happened."

"But-"

At this point Maureen had gotten sick of the constant banter going on and then shouted. "Alright, if none of you guys are gonna come out I'm gonna knock the door down!"

Eventually the closet did slowly open. And once the Beatles finally emerged, the girls were shocked to see what happened to them. In fact, after seeing his wife in such shock, John immediately retreated back into the closet.

"Whoa! Wha... What happened to you guys?" Maureen asked.

"... I honestly have no clue." Answered Paul. "We were just doing our usual performance earlier today, then all of a sudden some light show was going on and caused most of the audience to just... Balloon, out of nowhere."

"Then one of those lights hit us. Now we look ridiculous." Finished Ringo, turning his blushing face away from Maureen, but she stopped him. "What made you think that putting on a couple pounds would mean that I would look at you differently?"

"I... Well......" The drummer was at loss of words. Still embarrassed about being seen in his new state.

"Ritchie, you know very well that I want to marry you because of who you are, not for how you look."

"I know... But I was scared. I mean, how would the press think of us now?"

"Well I say screw the press. Gaining a few pounds won't mean anything to me. Even if you were the size of an elephant."