"Grrrr...."

"Guys, chill it on the feed," Jungkook whispered back, his voice echoing in the silence of the open hallway.

"Sorry," Jin and Ava grumbled and crackled back in unison.

Jungkook was already bracing his hands against the sealed storage unit door, prepared and ready to slide open the space and get to the Mysterium locked away inside. When he glanced over his shoulder, though, Chimin wasn't just behind him anymore.

There was an open doorway a few paces down the hallway. Jungkook couldn't see what was inside, but he saw Chimin standing in the doorway frozen, staring into it as if transfixed.

This isn't a damn field trip. We didn't come to admire the upholstery, Chim!

"Psst!"

Chimin didn't immediately respond to Jungkook's voice. Then he held up a finger vaguely in Jungkook's direction without looking towards the very irritated fighter pilot.

Chimin walked into the room.

Now Jungkook couldn't see him at all.

Chim, you know this mission is important! What the heck are you doing?!

Jungkook crept stealthily along the wall towards the open doorway where Chimin had disappeared into. As he started to peak his head around the corner of the doorway, he heard the POP of a gunshot.

Jungkook jumped, then twisted on the balls of his feet towards the source of the noise, slipping two shortsword Geji blades up off the sides of this thighs and into his tense hands.

"Missed," Jungkook said pointedly, his heartbeat bounding but his focus laser sharp as he took in his opponents.

Min Yoongi stood with his feet firmly planted, arms bent, and two hands bracing the guilty handgun. It was now directly pointed at Jeon Jungkook.

"Nah, I don't miss." Yoongi's shaggy black hair fell down over his dangerous dark eyes.

"And I don't lose," Hoseok's voice echoed through the hallway, coming from the opposite direction. There was a metallic clang and a screech as Jungkook turned to watch the former combat specialist of Noon Mool dragging his longsword Geji blade playfully against the edge of the wall as he made casual strides closer and closer.

Between Hoseok grin and Yoongi's fierce eyes, they were both closing in.

But I can still get past them. I just have to get into that room, and then....

BONG.

Jeon Jungkook's eyes rolled into the back of his head, and he slumped lifelessly to the floor.

Behind where Jungkook had just stood, there was Chimin--holding a metallic barrel over his head in both hands which, by the sound of how it echoed, was completely hollow and empty. He looked sheepishly down at Jungkook's crumpled frame. Chim pointed his foot and gave Kookie's shoulder a nudge. As Jungkook's body rolled over and to a stop, his eyes ceiling-ward and closed, Chimin leaned over him and squinted.

"Dear God, you could kill a person with that thing!" Hoseok bellowed, shock and awe.

Hoseok and Yoongi ran closer to hover alongside Chimin, the three of them looking curiously down at Jeon Jungkook's drool laden mouth and blissful expression.

Hoseok's blade gave Jungkook's shoulder a timid poke, though not hard. "Yeah, he's out. I really thought Yoongi was gonna have to stun blast him."

"Yeah, I'm glad I didn't. I'd hate to shoot the guy." Yoongi slipped the hand gun into the holster at his hip.

"You gonna help me carry him?" Chimin asked, looking at Yoongi.

Min Yoongi made a face as if an unpleasant smell had just wafted into his nose. "Oh no, I have an enemy ship to go ice. You two can do the rest of this dirty work."

"I've got the head," Hoseok said brightly, sliding his own blade back into it's soft green sheath at his hip.

Yoongi wandered off back to the control room, humming a pleasant tune to himself as he went.

Meanwhile, Hoseok and Chimin grunted and groaned as they dragged the unconscious Jungkook down the hallway.

"Goodness, this kid has gained weight," Hoseok gasped.

"He's...grown...since you left...."

"I can tell...."

They managed to find the cell they were looking for. With one last READY, SET, HEAVE, Hobi and Chim hoisted Jungkook's sleeping body up off of the floor and onto the cot that was inside of the cell.

"At least he's gonna get some good sleep," Chimin said, a bit wistful.

Hoseok reached out and put a comforting hand on Chimin's shoulder. "Hey, man. It's all gonna work out. Just wait and see."

"That's exactly what I'm afraid of," Chimin answered in a whisper.

____

Yoongi cracked his knuckles and smirked into the holographic projection of the video feed that had a panicked Jin and Ava on display. He wasn't sure if he should put them out of their misery, or ping Hobi to bring him some popcorn--because what a show.

"We can't just both go after them! Besides, I don't know about you," Jin was standing with his hands on his hips near the exit hatch, "but my fat as sass ass ain't gonna fit inside that ventilation shaft. Or these manly shoulders, bless me. So you'll have to do it."

"Hell. To the. No. I am NOT about to climb up through some space age AC unit that could end up spitting me out into the sky where I fall through the air and, I don't know, DIE."

"Then who's gonna go save them?"

"I don't know, I've never done this whole mission thing before! Do I look like I know what I'm doing right now?" Ava looked down at her fishnet stockings, maroon leather shorts and bodice, and the sophisticated small Geji blades strapped to the outside of her legs. "Never mind. Don't answer that."

Yoongi sighed from his cushy seat inside of their ship's control room. "Any longer, and they'll try to make the leap. Gotta send 'em packing." He started tapping into the heavy, old-fashioned keyboard in his lap. The noisy clicking ended with a final tap. Then he watched the screen give a jolt and a shake.

At the sound of screaming, he hit the mute button, though he couldn't tell who was more shrill: Ava or Jin.

Their ship was blasted away from Yoongi and Hoseok's main craft with a simple reverse charge, but it didn't do any lasting damage--and they hadn't opened their hatch back up again, so Yoongi knew that Jin and Ava weren't in danger of falling out of their craft.

Now, killing each other? Maybe.

Min Yoongi smirked at the thought of that, and then at the thought of one last look at Ava in those perfectly short, short shorts.

Damn.