Something Bad

Min Yoongi cocked the barrel of the metallic handgun he was pointing towards the ceiling of their ship. He was standing in the control room next to the central pilot's seat where Jung Hoseok sat, and the two of them were looking at video surveillance images play across a holographic screen in front of them.

"Looks like the kids have come to play," Hoseok said with boyish delight.

"Looks like they brought some extra baggage with them. What'd we do about Jin and Ava?"

Hoseok looked over his shoulder at Min Yoongi with one eyebrow pointedly raised. "You remember her real name, do you?"

Yoongi's small dark eyes were like burning coals. "Just answer the fucking question."

Hoseok cackled. "Let's ice 'em. They're not the target."

Yoongi growled, "Good plan. I don't have the energy for Jin's smart ass mouth right now, anyway, much less this mission." He tucked the hand gun into a black leather holster at his hip and folded his arms.

"Oh, suck it up." Hoseok got to his feet and gave Yoongi's gut a smack as he walked past the pale man in black, making Yoongi jerk away and mumble a few swear words.

Hoseok plucked up a long, slender Geji sword that was leaning against the wall just near the exit. The sheath was a spongey green leather. Hoseok ticked the mouth of the blade out of the sheath just slightly with his thumb to admire the recently sharpened metal, his boyish grin ever-fixed as he saw hints of his reflection glinting back at him. "This is going to be fun."

____

Chimin crawled through the ventilation shaft first, with Jungkook sliding up into the shaft behind him.

The sound of Jin's voice crackled into an earpiece that both Jungkook and Chimin wore. "Forward a foot more, and then take a left."

Jungkook and Chimin crawled their way along steadily enough for not being able to see anything in front of their faces in the dark, cramped vents.

Jin directed their way through the maze of shafts until they reached the right hallway space deep inside of Hoseok and Yoongi's ship.

"Looks like you're still undetected. This is the part where you get in, and rush out, before you get locked into close combat. Alright?"

"Roger," Jungkook whispered back.

Chimin and Jungkook leaned their faces over the slitted opening of the ventilation shaft. Ordinary tile floors looked back up at them. Chimin and Jungkook looked back up at each other, and Chim gave a nod.

The golden haired treasure hunter scooted forward and extended his index finger towards the bolted screws holding the shaft filter in place. A small orange electricity bubbled out of his fingertip as he pointed and ZAP. ZAP. ZAP. He incinerated the bolts quietly, one-by-one. Then he and Jungkook shimmied and lifted the filter carefully up and out of the way.

"I'll go first," Chimin offered.

Jungkook nodded.

Once the two were on solid ground again, they started their stealthy stalking down the hallway.

"That should be the storage unit you need, on your left," Jin said into their earpieces.

Ava's voice crackled in tandem over the feed, "So much creepy crawling and climbing. No thank you."

"Ava, your commentary is not helping."

"It's helping me," she pointed out bossily to Jin. "And that counts, so shove it."