Beginning & End

Chapter 1
Rachel's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream. It was about Finn. I haven't seen him in 5 years, we went to high school back in Lima, Ohio but why was I dreaming about him?

I will admit, I had the biggest crush on him way back when but he had Quinn. She was the prettiest girl in school and the captain of the Cheerios. He was probably married to her by now.

I dreamt that me and him were in some dark room and he was bleeding in his chest. I tried to call to him but I couldn't speak. He looked at me and said "I love you Rachel"

A man walked into the room and grabbed a helpless Finn quite violently. Finn grabbed his chest and screamed.

That's when I woke up.

"What's wrong babe?" Asked Brody. He grabbed my waist and pulled me close to him. "Just a bad dream. Just a dream." I was trying to catch my breath but I quickly fell back asleep.

*********
I woke up in Brody's arms. I looked at his face and saw he was staring at me. "Hello" "Why hello" I reply. "Who's Finn?" I don't know if Brody noticed but I felt my head burn and my face go all hot and red. "Oh, I went to high school with him. I just kinda had a scary dream about him. Ya know?"

"I don't usually dream about people I haven't seen since high school but ya know" He gave me a quick wink and got out of bed.

I knew I had to get up for work but I just couldn't. My asthma was bad today. I coughed a couple times before I shuffled to my closet and got my uniform for the IHOP down the street from Brody's apartment.

"Bye Brody" I yelled into the kitchen. "Hold up Rachel, I don't get a kiss or anything?" I quickly gave him a light kiss on the cheek. "See you soon!"

I took the elevator to the bottom floor. It was at least 3 minutes before I got out of the elevator. Just some of the perks of living on the 44th floor out of 50 floors.

I walked to the IHOP to be greeted by my friend and also co-worker, Santana. "Hey how bout we go to the bar tonight and have a ladies night?" She asked me. "I don't know about that, my asthma is a little too much for me today." I shrugged.

"Well all you have to do is call me if you change your mind"

"Ok"

*********
After a long shift I was pretty tired and only wanted to sleep. I practically sleepwalked back to Brody's.

When I walked into the apartment he wasn't home, he was at work. This is my chance to sleep all day, I thought to myself.

I dove right into bed...only to have another violent nightmare.

"Finn!" He was being dragged away and I got all my strength together to jump on top of whoever was dragging him away from me. The man easily clocked me with his elbow. I fell into a pool of Finn's blood.

That's when I woke up.

I was coughing hard, really hard. I got up and dug through my purse for my inhaler and sucked the air out of it. Much better.
"Rachel, c'mon I want talk to you." I walk into the living room to find Brody without a shirt. "What are you doing?" "I just thought maybe some you and me time?" He grabbed me and leaned into my face for a kiss. I was not in the mood, so I backed away. "Rachel, kiss me back!" He lightly shouts. "No, I don't want to do this tonight."
"You don't know what you want." He says and grabs my upper thigh. " I SAID NOT TONIGHT!" I yelled angrily back at him.

"God, Rachel. Way to be a buzzkill."

I was so mad, I rushed into my bedroom and locked the door. I grabbed my phone and called Santana.