over the next few days we got to talking
with every single word i started falling farther
farther and farther for you

Within two weeks Phil Lester became my best friend. It was a strange sight, a boy with piercings and leather jackets with me, a boy with a flower crown and light colorful sweaters. Everyone was still wondering why I hadn't moved from sitting next to the punk. Maybe it was because I liked him too much.

you were so witty and so charming
you swept me off my feet
you made me laugh, you made me blush
no one could compete (no one could compete)

I was asked at least three times if Phil bothered me. It was probably because I was constantly flustered around him. It was like every word he said made want to squeal like a fanboy/girl over some hot picture of a celebrity. Phil would shower me in compliments. Every other sentence he said was something to make me blush or giggle.

it seemed to good to be true (it was too good to be true)
i wanted to be with you (and only with you)
we clicked like legos
or the clacking of tap shoes

And even though I was constantly stared at, or if people were constantly worried Phil would hurt me, I didn't want anything else. It was like every waking second I was being pulled to him. I was nervous of what my parents would think, but the more I talked to him the more I realized I didn't care.

you said "hey"
i said "hello,
how was your day?"
you said "better now" with a smile
oh what a cliché
but to be honest it made my day

"Hey," Phil said as I sat down next to him.
"Hello, how was your day?" I asked.
"Better now," He smiled. I rolled my eyes at him, but I couldn't help but smile at the comment.

"You're such a flirt," I shook my head at him.
"Only to you, Flower Crown," He nodded at the yellow flowers sitting in my curls.
"Who'd you flirt with before I came around?" I raised my eyebrows at him.
"No one peaked my interest," He shrugged.
"Like I did?" I snorted.
"What? Do you find that hard to believe?" He frowned at me. "Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror? Or listened to yourself talk?" He asked.
"You can stop," I tilted my head at him.
"Alright, fine," Phil smirked.

i didn't wanna fall but then i stepped right in
i looked up at your face
and those eyes, they drew me in
it was too late for me
and that's what we were
a simple cliché
it wasn't made to work
but i wouldn't have it any other way (any other way)

I grabbed my light pink back pack out of my locker. I shut it and jumped, Phil stood with a bright smile. "You're scared so easily," He tilted his head at me. I rolled my eyes at him and leaned against my locker.

"Did you come here for something? Or did you just want to scare me?" I narrowed my eyes at him. His smile turned into his famous smirk.
"What are you doing tonight?" He asked.
"Well..." I pretended to think. "Wallowing in my own self pity.. having an existential crisis... some online shopping- I could use some more clothes..." I shrugged. "I'm booked." He narrowed his eyes, the corner of his mouth trying not form into a smile from his smirk.

"Is there any way I could clear your schedule?" Phil asked dramatically.
"Maybe," I looked down at my white vans and then back up at him.
"How about.." Phil grabbed my flower crown and placed it on his own head. "We go to a movie?" Phil suggested.
"I could rearrange some things," I smirked.