Chapter 36: I Remember Now

A/N ~ TWO CHAPTERS IN ONE DAY?!REALLY?!
°Д°
Yes, I wanted to post two today because I felt bad for taking a two-week "break" without letting you guys know. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Love you all and have an amazing day!

(Jaune's POV)

"Jaune!" I hear a familiar high-pitched girl shout from behind me. I turn around and see Ruby waving at me. I smile and wave back. She quickly trots over to me and pulls me into her embrace. I gently hug her back.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, curious.

"Oh, I just wanted to see you so I came. Um, can I talk about something with you?" She questions, letting go of me and staring at me.

"Uh, sure. What's up?"

"I've been worried about you, Jaune. You've been acting weird lately. Are you alright?" She asks, startling me. Why would she think that?

"I've been.. fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well, remember that day you fainted because you said you didn't feel well?"

"Yeah.."

"That night, you woke up terrified. You kept telling me you felt like you forgot something or someone. I asked about some things and you responded saying you didn't remember Pyrrha."

"Pyrrha? Why does that sound.. familiar?" I mumble.

"Did you forget about her, Jaune?" She asks, staring at me seriously.

"I don't know who she is, but the name sounds familiar."

Ruby turns away, sighing.

"How could you forget her just like that? She loved you Jaune and you loved-"

Suddenly, I feel my head writh with pain. I fall to the ground, holding my head and groaning.

"Jaune!" Ruby falls next to me, placing her hands on me. "Jaune! What's wrong?"

"My.. head.. it.." My words trail off as I lose consciousness, falling onto Ruby's lap.

"Jaune!" I barely heard Ruby yell.

I feel myself awake in a pitch black room. I suddenly see a female figure ahead of me, a ghostly mist following behind her. Her long scarlett red hair shimmers. She turns around and I notice tears in her eyes.

"Perhaps I was wrong.." She says, sniffing. "Maybe you don't need to forget me. Maybe I was just being selfish."

"Who.. are you?" I ask. She sighs and turns away, sobbing. I stand there, startled. Suddenly, she teleports in front of me and wraps her arms around me, holding me tightly.

"I'm Pyrrha Nikos."

My eyes widen. All of my memories flood back into my mind.

"Pyrrha..?" I whisper. She sobs.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry."

"Pyrrha-"

"Don't. Let me take the blame. It's my fault. I'm just glad you remember me now."

"Why would you just make me forget you?" I ask. She pulls away.

"Because I didn't want you to feel terrible. It's all my fault that you're miserable."

"No, it isn't-"

"Yes, it is! And I'm not going to deny it. I just want you to be happy, with Ruby and your friends. I don't want me to be the reason why you can't be happy."

"Pyrrha, you need to stop blaming yourself. Please."

"I don't want to. It is my fault."

"Pyrrha.. "

"You'll be awaking soon so get yourself-"

I lunge forward and kiss her, hugging her warmly. I pull away and her eyes widen. She turns away, a tear streaming down her cheek.

"Pyrrha, you know I love you."

"I love you too." She quietly mumbles.

"Then why are you crying?" I ask. She faces me.

"I don't know."

I hug her, comforting her. She cries into my shoulder.

"I just want you to be happy. That's all I ever want." She states.

"I am happy, Pyrrha."

She pulls away and smiles.

"Really?"

"Yes, Pyrrha. I've been happy."

Pyyrha giggles and smiles.

"I'm glad."

I suddenly feel myself start awaking.

"I love you, Jaune. I hope you have a wonderful life with Ruby." She says, smiling warmly at me.

"I love you too." I respond.

Every turns white and I am soon back in reality, awoken and laying on Ruby's lap. I feel tears in my eyes.

"I remember now." I whisper. Her eyes widen as she stares down at me.