Chapter 10: The Balcony awaits

(Jaune's POV)

I run out of Ruby's room and to the balcony quickly. When I arrive, I slow down to catch my breath. I walk over to ledge and place my hand on the hard cement.

I sigh and stare off at the sky awaiting. My heart was beating a bit fast and It felt hard to even breathe.

Honestly, what am I feeling?

(Ruby's POV)

Me and Yang start making our way back to our room, holding a plate of nachos. I bite down on one as it makes a loud crunching noise. I hold my hand to mouth.

"You really love those nachos, huh?" Yang says, with a cheese on her cheek from the nacho.

I nod vigorously.

She chuckles a bit.

I put my thumb on the cheese to wipe it off. I lick it off my thumb and we both start laughing.

We were almost at the dorm when I see Blake standing outside the dorm room.

Strange.

"Uh- Hey Blake? I never thought you would ever leave the dorm room. Only when its necessary.. " Yang says.

I look at Blake curiously.

"Oh. Um. Yeah, I just needed some fresh air," she says.

"Okay? Well, me and Ruby are going in," Yang smiles.

We enter the room and walk over to our beds. I set my plate of nachos on the bedside and look over to my bed.

I notice a note wrapped up in yellow ribbon.

I stare at it, curious, then pick it up and untie the ribbon.

I turn around and sit down on my bed. Yang looks at me.

"Hey, what's that?" She asks, sitting up.

I read it and my heart sank.

//Ruby

Please meet me on the
balcony
I need to see you
I want to see you

//Unknown

I jumped up and dropped the note.

"Ruby?! Whats wrong!?" I hear Yang yell behind me before I Sprint out of the room.

Tears were in my eyes and a large lump was in my throat.

I make my way to the balcony.

I pause and tears stream down my face one by one. It was him.. Jaune.

"Jaune..? "I whisper under my breath.

He turns around and smiles and waves.

My eyes widen and I run to him, almost sprinting, and hug him tight.

I cough, hic, and moan in sadness and joy. It was actually him...

"Hello Ruby," he says, in a shaky voice.

I smile in his embrace. My heart was beating faster than ever.

"I'm sorry Ruby... I'm sorry I tried.. killing.. myself," He says in the most heartbreaking voice. Tears streamed over and over again.

"You don't have to apologize.. " I reply.

"Yes.. Yes I do Ruby," he added.

It was pure silence now. We continued hugging eachother. I let go if him.

I smile.

"I'm glad you're here with me Jaune.." I say, still smiling.

His eyes widen and his cheeks were a faint shade of pink.

Was he..

Blushing?

My heart started racing after he blushed. My smile sort of turned into an awkward smile. I could feel my cheeks burn a bit.

"I'm glad too, Ruby." He says.