Chapter 22: You're here. Perfect.

(Ruby's POV)

I'm making my way down to the beach to find that stranger that Jaune had protected me from. I think back to me and Jaune's conversation back at the balcony at the hotel.

Flashback..

"Hey, Jaune..?" I question as I open the balcony door. He continues staring off at the sky. I walk up to him and embrace him.

"I'll be fine, Jaune. Stop worrying so much," I say. His cheeks glow a bright red and he hugs me back.

"I can't stop worrying.. Heck, we're putting your life at risk.." He replies softly.

"I know, but it'll all work out-"

"How do you know?" He asks. I pause and look up at him.

"I have faith it will," I smile warmly.

Reality..

I just need this to work out.. please. Nora had already placed the micro camera on my neck. They could still see everything, but the man wouldn't be able to see the tiny camera.

I find the man laying unconscious on the sand. I gasp as he awakes. He coughs and catches his breath. He pauses and slowly looks up at me, smiling. I fake a scared expression.

"You're here. Perfect," He stands. He pauses and then approaches me slowly. He grabs me suddenly, holding me in a chokehold. He flips out a knife and holds it to my throat.

"You're coming with me, whether you like it or not."

I gulp as he flips out his phone and hits a button, displaying a screen in front of us. I see a tall blonde guy smirk.

"You've got her!!" He announces in a silly tone of voice. He seemed like a carefree guy.

"Let me go!" I yell, pretending to still be afraid. The man on the screen begins laughing outrageously.

"He.. Here. Meet me in my office, please." He wipes his eyes of tears of laughter. Suddenly and purple portal forms right next to the screen. A huge gust of wind hits us both.

"Yes, boss." The screen disappears as he puts his phone away. I lets go of me and pushes me in. Everything suddenly flashes white.