Chapter 37: The Dance

(Ruby's POV)

"Jaune!" I wrap my arms around him and hug him. He chuckles softly and pats my back. I pull away and wipe the tear from my eye with my finger.

"I remember now, Ruby." He says, looking me in the eye.

"You.. You do? You remember Pyrrha?" I ask.

"Yes. She.. She spoke to me."

"Spoke to you? What? Are you.. okay, Jaune?"

"Yes! I'm fine!" He sighs, " There are times when I close my eyes, I can see Pyrrha. Sometimes, we'll even talk. Apparently, she wanted me to forget her so she wiped my memory of her."

"But, why? Why would she do that?"

"She wanted me to be happy. But when I visited her just now, she couldn't do it anymore. She wanted me to remember her again. She felt selfish about it. About removing her from my memory."

"That's the Pyrrha I know.." I chuckle. Jaune smiles. "Now c'mon, let's go. I'm exhausted and you're exhausted."

I stand and hold out my hand. Jaune takes it and I pull him up. As we make our way to the dorms, Jaune wraps his arm around me, cuddling with me.

(At the dormitories)

"Hey Ren? Which one looks better on me?" Nora asks while she stands on her bed, holding two dresses; A long silky strapless salmon pink dress and a knee length salmon pink dress with straps. Ren looks up at Nora and observes the two choices.

"I like the strapless one." He responds.

"Ooh, scandalous now aren't we?" Nora questions, smirking. Ren's cheek beam. I smile.

"N-No! I just like it! Why do you need a dress anyway?" He asks, clearly frustrated.

"Didn't you hear? Beacon's holding a dance next week in the food court. I need to look good," She throws the knee-length dress on the railing of her bed and hangs the long dress on a hanger. Jumping off of the bed, she walks over to her dresser and places the dress on it, smiling to herself.

"WHAT?" Ren, Jaune, and I yell in unison, our eyes widened. Nora smiles.

"Yeah, you better find someone to go with. I already found my someone." Nora looks at Ren.

"Y-You want to go with me?" Ren questions, flustered. Nora nods and smiles wide.

"Yup!"

Ren's face turns a bright red and he clears his throat.

"A-Alright."

"I know who I'm going with," I look over at Jaune, "Jaune!" I shout happily, smiling brightly at Jaune. His cheeks turn bright pink and he grins.

"Great! Everyone has a date." She states. She then turns her head toward me. "Ruubbbyyy, guess what we gotta do now.." She smirks.

"I-I already have a dress! We don't need to go shopping!" I reply nervously.

"Aww." Nora whines. Ren looks at Nora and chuckles.