Chapter 21: We'll give him Ruby

*Author's Note*
Hello! I apologize for the sudden break. I had writers block and had no idea what to write and I've been busy with school. My mid-terms are coming up in 2 weeks and I've been getting loads of homework. I'll make sure I post as much as I can though! Don't worry! This story will still continue! Love you all and I hope you all enjoy this chapter! ♥

(Ruby's POV)

I had already warned Nora and Ren about the sudden incident. My heart was still pounding.

Do grimm have the ability to transform into someone you loved dearly?

If so..

"Ruby? Are you okay?" Nora asked me. I look over at her, frightened. She walks up to me.

"It's okay, we'll protect you," Her soft voice comforted me. She lets go of me and smiles warmly. I smile back. I look around the room and notice Ren had disappeared.

"Nora.. Where's Ren?" I say, alarmed. I stand.

"He's fine. He's going to help Jaune," She said in a worried manner.

"Nora.." I pause and look down. I walk up to her and give her a warm hug.

"This is just so.. sudden. I thought we'd be able to escape the violence and war and just have a peaceful break.." She said quietly.

"We all thought that, but apparently we aren't lucky.." I replied. Letting go of her, I hear the door open behind me.

"Jaune?" I said, turning around. I saw as he entered the room, smiling. I run up to him, hugging him tightly. I didn't want to let go of him.

"We need to do something. We can't just stand here," Nora said. I let go of Jaune, wiping my eyes. I look up at his red gleaming face and I smile, giggling softly.

"Even if we leave, the physco who wants Ruby will follow us," She added.

"Then we'll come up with a plan," Ren said, "If he wants Ruby so badly, then he'll have to come here himself,"

"But what if he just sends more of his men?" Jaune spoke up.

"Then we're only left with one option," Ren sighed. I stare at Ren, curious.

"We'll give him Ruby."

I back away, terrified. As I was backing away, I trip over a shoe and fall, landing on my bottom.

"WHAT?! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" Jaune yells.

"JAUNE!" Nora yells.

"Listen to me. We'll give Ruby a micro camera to place on herself so while she's in there, we can see where she is and we'll save her. While in there, we can kill whoever wants Ruby," Ren explains. I stand, sighing.

"It is a smart plan, Jaune," Nora said. I stand up.

"But what if this fails and he finds the camera?!" Jaune yells, his voice cracking.

"It's called 'micro' for a reason," Ren replied. Ren then looks at me.

"Ruby?" He questions.

"I'll do it," I confidently said. Jaune stares at me with mixed emotions.

"Ruby.. No-"

"Jaune.. I'll be fine, don't worry.." I fake a smile, hoping he won't worry.

He looks away and walks to the entrance of the balcony. Sliding the door open, he closes it behind him.

"Jaune will he upset about this, but this is the only way we can stop him," Ren walks up to me.

"What if there's another way?" I ask.

"There isn't." He places his arms on my shoulders.

"No matter what happens, we'll make sure you will be safe and alive. Don't worry Ruby," He said, pulling me into a hug. Nora walks over and joins the warm embrace.

"We're here for you Ruby!" Nora exclaims happily. I felt my heart warm up. I do feel more confident about this, but I'm still honestly terrified.

I hope this all works out..