Chapter 8: Jaune's Missing..

(THE NEXT DAY..)

(Ruby's POV)

I walk into class and sit down. I flip my book to the next page and begin writing stuff down that the teacher says..

*Later*

After a while, I notice Jaune isn't in class. I get worried and my anxiety rises. I begin tapping my foot on the ground furiously.

"Excuse me, Ms. Rose? Are you okay?" The teacher asks, looking worried.

I gulp.

"Uhm, yeah. Um, may..may I be excused?" I struggled to ask. There was a huge lump in my throat. It was hard to even speak.

She nods curiously, and I quickly stand up and close my notebook. I run out of the classroom and run down the dorm hall where the bedrooms are..

"Jaune?" I whisper as I peer into the bedroom. No-one responds. I barge in and look onto his bed. Nothing..

I leave the room and check my room. Nothing..

I stop and think..

He can't be in the bathroom for an hour. Where else could he be?

I turn back around and run out of the dorm hall. I run along the classroom hall, peeking into each classroom to see if I can find him. No sign of Jaune..

I find a nearby wall and lean against it. I sigh worried and slide down. I curl up in a ball.

"Where could he be..?" I tell myself. My brains lights up. I have an idea. I shoot straight up and run towards the balcony hall. I turn the corner and..

"Jaune?!" I scream, running towards the balcony entrance.

Jaune was standing on the ledge of the balcony. His arms were spread apart like he was going...going to jump. His back was facing me.

I reach the balcony and collapse, shaking in fear. I was only a few steps away from Jaune.

"Jaune...don't..don't do this" I say, crying and hiccing. Tears were rolling down my face, one by one. My whole body was shaking outrageously. My heartbeat kept rising up and up every second.

"Don't worry Ruby.." He says, putting his arms down to his sides. "I'll never have to see you cry again and you'll never have to worry for me, Okay? We both gain benefits from
this.." He turns around and smiles.

My eyes widen and I stand up, holding my balance.

"Don't say that.." I say looking down. Tears fall to the ground and splatter.

"I care about you to much and I don't want that to go to waste.. I don't care having to worry for you most of the time. I want to worry for you Jaune.. so please, get down from there..." I beg as I look up from the ground and stare into his eyes.

He pauses.

"Ruby..If I do this now..ill get to be with Pyrrha again..You'd want me to be happy right? So if I do this then I'll be happy.." He says..

"Jaune, Pyrrha didn't die on purpose.. I saw everything.. she wouldn't just leave you.. she loved you Jaune.. and she'd want you to live your life here.. think about us, Jaune.. what would the team.. Me, Nora, you, and Ren.. what would we do without you Jaune..? We all care about you.. Remember the times we all laughed with eachother? The times we hung out with eachother? Remember we planned that trip to the beach for 4 nights..? That wouldn't be possible without you Jaune..." I say, hoping he'd step down from the concrete ledge.

Its silent all of a sudden.

"You could go without me.. I wouldn't care cause i'd be dead.." He said leaning forward slowly.

"I'm sorry.." he sighs.

"..Bye Ruby.."

My heart stops and its feels like everything is slow motion..

"JAUNE NO!!" I scream as loud as I can as I run towards him and try reaching out for him.

He slowly begins falling off the ledge.

I trip and quickly pull myself up. I stand up and pull my weapon out. The blade extends out and I run to Jaune and wrap the blade around his waist. He was in mid-air. I pull him in and he falls to the ground and sits, looking at his lap.

I throw my weapon to the side and fall next to Jaune.

I hug him tightly.

"Jaune.." I hic and hold him against me.

"What happened?!" I heard from the left of us. I sounded like a teacher judging from her mature voice.

I look up and see Yang and Weiss behind Blake. There was a teacher in front of them all. They all stared at us. My scream must've alerted them.

"Oh my god..." I heard from Weiss. I tuck my head back into Jaune's shoulder.

"Did he..." Yang cups her hands to her mouth.

The teacher runs up to us..

After that moment.. Everything was a blur.. Jaune had tried to jump. If I hadn't of saved him, he would've died.. I really care for him..

I never thought he'd go this far...

*Sorry for such an intense chapter, I promise next chapter will be positive and happy ;^^*