Chapter 23: Jealousy and Anger

(Ruby's POV)

I blink, opening my eyes slowly as they adjust to my surroundings. I notice I'm in a small, white room strapped to a chair like an insane person held in a padded room. Where am I..?

I tug at my arms, trying to break free from the straps tied around my wrists, but it won't budge. I feel my head pound in pain and my eyes strain from a sudden bright white light that is flashed in my eyes. I shut my eyes.

"Hello, darling," a familiar voice says. I open my eyes, squinting at the figure in front of me. I feel a hand embrace my cheek. It was the blonde from before.

"Who are you..?" I ask, curious.

"Oh my! My apologies! I'm Sir Alan Edwards my princess, but just call be Alan," He replies, caressing my hand. "I don't mean to trap you in here, my princess, but I can't let you escape."

I glare at him in disgust. He smirks and turns away, crossing his arms.

"I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to have someone else watch over you while I'm gone. I'm sorry.." He holds his hand to his face. He then turns towards me again and grabs my chin, pulling his face closer to mine.

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon, princess."

He lets go of me and turns towards the door, laughing. He leaves the room and I continue looking around, a bit scared.

What have I got myself into...?

(Jaune's POV)

I turn towards Nora and Ren in disgust after seeing what happened in Ruby's perspective.

"He shouldn't touch her like that," I growl.

"Jaune, calm down. We'll be in there soon to save her," Ren says to me, trying to calm me, but it doesn't work. I scoff and turn the other way, staring out of the jet's window.

We were getting ready to save Ruby and defeat the enemy. I had already prepared myself while Nora and Ren were still gathering their stuff. I had saw what happened through Ruby's camera and I was furious.

No-one should touch Ruby like that. That man.. I will make sure he won't touch Ruby like that ever again..