Chapter 28: Back at Beacon

(Ruby's POV)

We had arrived back at Beacon Academy. It was decided we should leave the hotel. After all, it was time to go. Our check-out had ended today. As we were driving down the driveway to the academy, I saw Yang standing on the side walk biting her bottom lip whilst grinning. I giggled. We came to a stop and I immediately jumped out of the car, launching myself at Yang. Suddenly, I wince in pain as my stomach stings. Yang catches me and holds me in her arms.

"RUBY! I missed you so much! What's wrong?" She asks. That voice..I missed it so much..

"Yang.." I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly. She chuckles.

"heh.. I heard what happened."

"You did?" I question, letting go of her and staring at her face. Her eyes tear.

"I'm so glad you're okay. You can't do that to me! I was worried sick."

"I'm sorry.."

She sniffs and wipes her eyes with her fore-arm. She smiles brightly.

"Aww. I'm just glad you're here, little sis," She snickers, rubbing the top of my head. I laugh.

"Hey, Yang!" I hear a familiar voice yells in the distance. I turn my head and see Weiss and Blake standing at the entrance of the academy. Their eyes widen.

"RUBY?!" They yell in unison.

"Yep. That's me..heh," I awkwardly chuckles while smiling at them. They sprint at me and jump on top of me, both hugging me in an instant. I find myself not being able to breathe. They then let go of me. Weiss cups my face as she let

"Ruby! I heard what happened. Are you okay? I'm so sorry. I knew Jaune was too weak to defend you." She scoffs, glaring at Jaune who is taking bags out of the car along with Rin. Jaune frowns. I chuckle quietly to myself.

"No, he saved me. Along with Rin and Nora. I would.. well.. not be here right now if not for them," I reply. She narrows her eyes at me and then at Jaune. She shrugs.

"Here, Ruby," Yang adjusts my arm to warp around her neck," I'll take you to you room, 'k?"

I nod. As we walk away, I turn around at look at Jaune. He notices and smiles. I smile calmly back.