Chapter 11: Yay! The beach!

(Jaune's POV)

Me, Nora, and Ren were waiting outside for Ruby. Today, we were going to surprise Ruby with a trip to the beach, as promised.

"She's going to flip!" Nora says, jumping in the air.

We had everything for the beach in the car. On our way, we were going to go get Ruby's swimsuit and accessories for swimming.

As we were waiting, I see Weiss in the distance. I wave. She looks over at me and waves and walks over to us.

"What are y'all doing?" She asks.

"Oh, we're surprising Ruby with a trip to the beach!" I exclaim.

She smiles. "She will love you after this surprise, y'know?" Weiss winked.

My cheeks began burning.

"Are you blushing?" Weiss asked, smirking.

"Uh- N-no!" I scream. Weiss jumps and her eyes widen. Whoops.

"Jeez, alright. Anyway, y'all have fun. I'm going to go sleep my break away," Weiss says as she skips away.

"Hey Jaune!" I hear a voice from my left ear. I turn over and see Ruby waving happily at me. I smile and wave back.

She sprints over to us with 5 bags of luggage.

"Um, Ruby, you know you dont need to bring all that.." Rin chuckled nervously.

"What? We are going to be there for a 5 days! I need my stuff!" Ruby smiled brightly.

"Ruby, have you been on a vacation before?" I asked.

"Actually, no. This is my first time! I'm so excited!" She squealed. To think that this is her first vacation kind of makes me happy that I am able to be part of it, but sort of scary too, judging by her overjoyed face.

"It's actually, kind of cute,"

"What?" Nora and Rin say in unison. Did I say that aloud?!

"Uh- N-Nothing!" I stutter. My heart skips a beat as I look over at Ruby's red face. "Let's get going! Y-yeah.." I say, quickly walking over to Ruby and grabbing the bags out of her hands.

(Later, when they arrive)

"Oh my god.. It's so pretty.. " Ruby said in awe as she stared out of my window towards the horizon. The sun was setting and she was right. It was pretty.

"Wow, you're right!" Nora said, looking out of her window.

I continued staring out of the window as I rested my chin in the palm of my hand. I felt tapping on my shoulder. I look over and see Ruby's smiling face.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" She smiled brightly, "I wish It would always look like this. It washes all of my worries away, kind of," she added.

My cheeks began burning. "Y-yeah, I wish the same too," I replied. She smiled.

"I'm very excited! How about you?" She asks. Before I could reply, she went on and on about what she is going to do while we are here.

"Don't get too excited Ruby! You don't want to get a stomach ache," Nora said, smiling.

"Alright," Ruby replied and she looked out of her window, gazing at the never ending mountain of trees. We we're pretty far from the academy, but it is worth it coming out here.

"Hey Jaune?" Ruby said.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Do you want to go swimming tonight with me? It'll be fun!" She smiled. Now my whole face was burning.

"Sure!" I replied.

"Yes! Nora? Ren? What about you two?" She asked.

"Nah, we are actually gonna go to this sea food restaurant together," Nora answered.

"What? I though we were-" Nora slapped Ren's arm and mouthed some to him. I couldnt really make out what she said to him.

"Oh, right, yeah!" He said. I gulped. J-just me and Ruby?! Alone?! On the beach?! I felt my palms getting sweaty.

"Oh, alright! Looks like it's just me and you Jaune!" She smiled.

Heh, heh oh no.