Chapter 6: An Emotional Night

(Ruby's POV)

After we finished eating and talking, we left the restaurant and gathered outside by the nearby park. I was the one who suggested it, cause, who wouldn't want to visit a park!

It reminds me of my elementary years a long time ago..

"Ruby? Hello? Earth to Ruby?" Nora says waving her hand furiously in my face. I blink of few times.

"Uh- I'm here!" I stutter.

"What were you thinking about?" Nora asks me, smirking.

"Just about, how I always loved going to the park as a child," I smile.

"Oh really?" Nora says, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. I jump as her arm touched my shoulder.

We were walking up to the park, when Nora lets go of me and runs up to Ren and jumps on his back, giggling. Ren smiles. They seemed to be having fun. I smile then look over to Jaune, who's walking in front of me.

His expression towards the two made him happy. I can tell because he smiled ear to ear, but as he looked away, the expression was a different. It looked like something was bothering him. Should I go talk to him?

I made up my mind and trot up to him.

"Hello!" I say, smiling. He jumps.

"Oh, hey," He smiles.

"What's wrong?" I ask, looking at him.

"N-Nothing, I'm fine," He says looking over at me then back down to the ground.

I stare at him.

I look back down at the ground and frown.

"Are you su-"

"Yes. I'm fine Ruby," he interrupts.

My eyes widen and I stay silent. It's now awkwardly silent.

"Well, I'm going to go swing. Catch you later," I fake smile and walk over to the swings, leaving Jaune alone.

He seemed to be mad, so I left him alone. Maybe I shouldn't of pushed it. It's my fault now that he's mad.

I reach the swings a sit on the rubber. I tuck my dress under my legs and wrap my arms around the chains. I sit there, and think.

(Jaune's POV)

I regret yelling at her. Now I made her upset is what it seems like..

I sigh and sit down against a tree. I glance over at Ruby and notice her bothered expression. Why'd I have to do that? I didn't mean to yell..like that..

It..it just happened..

I look down back at Ren and Nora, who seem to be having a great time. It's like Ruby and I weren't even here at all to them, but I can't blame them. We were quiet the whole time..

Nora looks over at me and notices the situation. She walks up to me.

"Hey Jaune, what's up?" She asks, looking down at me. I don't make eye contact with her.

"Nothing," I lie.

"Why aren't you with Ruby? She looks lonely," She asks, then Ren walks up to us.

"What's the matter?" Ren asks.

"Nothing okay? I..I just need some time alone..that's all I need right now.." I say, looking down at the ground.

"Hm, Okay. Well, me and Ren are going to go..Make sure Ruby gets home safely," Nora says in a cheery voice.

"We'll see you tommorow at school," Ren says, patting my shoulder.

I look partly up as I stare at them, walking away with holding hands. I sigh and pull my knees to my face.

I remember it used to be me and Pyrrha that did that. We'd hold hands, she'd sometimes jump on my back, and I'd always laugh and smile when she was around.. but now.. That's not possible anymore..

A tear streams down my face and I sniff. I'm sort of jealous of Nora and Ren...

"Hey..are you okay..?" A faint, soft voice says. I make out the voice and I'm sure its Ruby.

I lift my head and look to my side. I see Ruby, on the brink if crying, staring at me. I stare at her as tears come dripping out of my eyes and pouring down my cheeks..

She hugs me tightly.

"I know..It's..It's hard right now.. I..I understand.." She says, crying..I feel bad and lean my head on her cold shoulder.

"I miss her, Ruby.." I say, letting go of my knees.

I feel her shiver slightly.

"I do too, Jaune..I do too," She replies.

She doesn't let go of me. I hear her sniffling and feel her shivering.

"Here..Ruby, let go of me.." I say.

She lets go of me and rubs her eyes.

I begin taking off my hoodie with the bunny logo on it. Luckily I hand a white undershirt.

I begin putting it on Ruby and she smiles, with watery eyes.

"I-I noticed you were c-cold," I say and blush.

"Thank you," she smiles softly and leans against the tree.

I smile as I notice her eyes closing. She must be tired from her crying. She sits down and pulls her knees to her head and places her arms on her knees and falls asleep.

I chuckle quietly and stare up into the night sky, full of millions of twinkling stars..

What a beautiful sight..