Chapter 16: It's only getting worse..

(Jaune's POV)

I wake up and yawn. Last night was.. Awkward. Why did I kiss her? Was that even me at that moment?

I stare at the ceiling, but then feel something wrapped around my arm. I look over and see Ruby cuddling with my arm. Her face expressed intense fear. I lay and stare at her, flustered.

"Uh-" I stutter.

Was she scared.. last night?

I stare at her innocent face and instantly feel terrible for leaving her last night in the dark. Would if she got hurt? I'm so stupid..

I lay back down as she squeezes my arm closer to her. I stare at her face for a few seconds and stare off at the ceiling and think.

I shouldn't of left her last night.. She was probably alone walking home! And it's at least a 30 minute walk from here to the beach!

...

I messed up..

"AHHH!" I hear Ruby scream as she let's go of my arm and sits up quickly, gasping for air. My eyes widen in shock and concern.

"Wh-Where..? Huh?" She pants as she continues breathing heavily. "Oh.." I think she realizes she's at the hotel here.

She falls back down on her pillow and turns the opposite way.

"Ruby? Are you okay?" I ask. She jumps.

"You're.. awake..?" She asks.

"Y-Yeah.. I've been awake for the past.. 10 minutes.. You were panting and squeezing my arm tightly.. " I told her.

"Oh.. heh.. really? Sorry.." She apologizes.

"N-No! It's fine!" I quickly stutter, "but are you okay? You screamed.."

She doesn't respond.

"You don't-"

"I'm having those nightmares.. again.. They stopped after a few days, but now it's back.. and it's worse than before.." She interuppts. I stare at her, feeling guilty.

"It's taunting me and it's terrible. I wish it would just end.." She says, her voice shaking.

I sigh.

"I'm sorry Ruby.." I sympathize.

She sniffs. "Its.. Its fine," She says. She turns her body towards me and flops her head down on her pillow, staring at me. She smiles. My cheeks begin burning and I smile back, nervous.

"So, what do you wanna do today?" She asks, looking at me in the eyes curious. I notice around her eyes we're puffy and red. Was she.. crying..?

"Umm.. What about going to the new cupcake factory that was just built recently? I believe it was called-"

"Sprinkles?!" She gasps.

I stare at her curious and afraid. I nod.

"Yay!" She rolls over and falls off the bed on accident, causing a loud thump to echo throughout the small bedroom.

"I'm okay!" She holds up her thumb. She pokes her head out from the bed and smiles.

I stare at her. She was really cute. Especially when she's being cute like this. Why did I try to jump that day? W.. why? I wouldn't have been able to see her anymore.. And to think of how scared and worried I made her.. I'm really stupid.. I wish.. I wish I could just rewind time and fix everything. I could prevent Pyhrra from dying.. I could rewind my suicide attempt..

Why..? Why did you have to leave me Pyhrra..? Please..please come back..

I miss you..