Chapter 17: CUPCAKES & blushing..?

(Ruby's POV)

"I'm ready!" I scream. I was so pumped! Today, me and Jaune we're going to this awesome cupcake factory! I actually ordered one of their cupcakes at last night at their ATM.. looking thing..

"I'm coming!" He hollers back. I look at him as he exits his room and stares at me. I wave, smiling.

"L-Lets go!" He stutters. He opens the door for me and I bow and exit the hotel room.

Some Time later..

"WE'RE HERE!" I exclaim. I giggle in excitement as I stare at the huge factory. I see Jaune in the corner of my eye smiling at me.

"Let's go in! Hurry!" I say, pulling on Jaune's shirt and dragging him towards the door. As we enter, I stare at the beautiful and colorful interior in awe.

Author's Note ~ I am not sure if "Sprinkles" is an actual restaraunt so I just wrote what I think it looks like ;D

"So, what do you want?" Jaune asks me, smiling. I look at the colorful menu of cupcakes, cakes, and cookies. I sigh in greif that I won't be able to eat all of it. THIS IS PURE TORTURE!!!

"Uhhh Ruby?" Jaune questions, staring at me. I snap out of my senses and focus on him.

"Oh, um, I'll get the triple chocolate fudge cupcake with sprinkles!" I say, making sure every word was precise.

Jaune turns towards the cashier and continues ordering. I sigh and walk off, searching for the perfect table. I find a table near a large window and sit in the salmon pink booth.

I place my chin in the palm of my hand and stare out at the sandy beach ahead. I watch the waves violently crash against the shore, toppling over a small toddler. I watch as the parents of the child rush over and pick her up. I smile and giggle with warmth in my heart.

"Hey, you alright?" I hear someone ask. I turn around and see Jaune holding my cupcake in one hand and his cupcake in the other.

"Yeah! I was admiring the view," I reply, "I saw a cute kid that was knocked over by the ocean waves," I add.

"Heh," Jaune hands me my cupcake and sits down across from me. I take a bite and my heart over flows with delight and love for the cupcake.

"I LOVE THIS CUPCAKE! CAN I MARRY A CUPCAKE?! THE WEDDING IS GOING TO HAPPEN! I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE THINK," I shout, "ME AND THIS CUPCAKE WILL HAVE CUPCAKE BABIES AND-"

"How do you have a baby with a- you know what I don't think I want to know.." Jaune stares at me awkwardly as if he'd just seen ghost. He smiled awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" I ask, taking another bite of my cupcake.

"Nothing. My mind keeps delving into places I don't wanna be in.. " He said fast. I tilt my head to my side.

"Just ignore what I said," He said.

I shrug and continue devouring my cupcake. After finishing, I let out a tiny burp and pat my stomach.

"I'm stuffed now," I said. I look at Jaune who hasn't even eaten half of his cupcake.

"WHAT?" I stared, with my eyes wide, at his cupcake. He stares at me, dumbfounded.

I sigh and scooch closer to the window next to me and stare at the beach.

"I wanna go swimming," I moan.

There was a long silence. I turn around at Jaune and look at his face. He looked petrified.

"Oh.. that's right," I then remember Jaune can't swim. I turn around and stare back at the ocean.

"I can teach you if you want," I offer, turning around again. His face turns a pinkish red color.

"N-No its fine!" He stutters, "I don't want you to be teaching me how to swim. You'd be missing out on the fun," He said gloomingly. I scooch back over to him.

I grab his hands and lace my fingers with his.

"I'd be more than happy to teach you, Jaune! Don't worry about it," I said, cocking my head to the side and smiling brightly at him with my eyes closed.

I open my eyes and unlace my fingers, I notice how red his face is and I feel my cheeks burn. What is this feeling..?

Why are my cheeks burning..?