Chapter 24: We need to hurry, Nora

Ruby's POV

I stare at the blank padded wall in front of me, furious but also quite frightened. What if they end up not coming? What if they were ambushed or.. What if they will die..?

...

I shouldn't think of things like that.. I have to have faith in them..

Jaune.. please hurry.. i'm scared..

(Jaune's POV)

I stare out of the flying ship's window, worried. Nora was flying it, while Ren was watching Ruby's camera. The sun was setting in the horizon. The reddish color beamed bright. I reminded me of Pyrrha. Pyrrha..

"Hey, Jaune? Mind watching over Ruby? I'll take watch," Rin asked.

"No, I don't mind," I say eagerly. I stand up and walk over to him. He pats my shoulder and whispers in my ear.

"Don't worry. We'll get her back."

He continued his way as I stared at the bland floor, thinking..

I hope you're right, Ren..

I sit down in the chair and pull up Ruby's view. I stare and watch her surroundings. Suddenly, the sound of a door opening echoes. It slams and Ruby wakes up, gasping.

"Hello, my princess!" The voice giggles.

"You again?" Ruby says in a scared tone of voice.

"Why that tone? Don't be scared, princess. I'm only here to get information from you.." He smirks.

Ruby sits quiet as the man brings a chair from outside of the room and sits down. He looks at her.

"So.. first things first.. How did you get your power?" He asks.

"I don't know.." She mumbles. He growls.

"Tell me now, princess or you will regret it."

"I said, I don't know.. I'm being honest. The only thing I could think of is my mother passing it down to me.." She replies. He stands up and leans in closer to Ruby.

"Are you sure..?" He asks.

"Ye-" Before she finishes speaking, the man slaps her. A loud 'pop' echoes through the room. I stand up quickly as I slam my hands on the table.

"RUBY!!" I scream. I hear her growl as she stares at the ground.

"I told you you would regret that. Now tell me the truth before I do something harsh.." He says.

"I ALREADY TOLD YOU.. I DON'T KNOW HOW I WAS GIVEN THIS ABILITY!" Ruby yells as she looks up at him. The man stands there, wide eyed.

"Fine. Fine, you win princess. I'll be back again. I hope you actually have something to tell me that's worth hearing instead of hearing your silly excuses," He smirks and stands. He walks towards the door and turns around, "Ciao~"

Ruby looks down at her lap and I see tears drip onto her dress. I stare at the camera, irritated. I sit down in the chair and stare at my lap.

"We need to hurry, Nora.." I mumble as I grind my teeth.

"We're almost there.. " Nora responds. I continue staring into my lap, feeling all sorts of mixed emotions. My major one being anger.