Chapter 13: A small talk

(Jaune's POV)

I drag my luggage to my side of the bed. I hold my hand to my face in embarrassment. I proceed to unpack my clothes and essentials. After a long time of darting around my room, I wiped my forehead that was caked in sweat and collapsed onto my bed.

"Ugh," I groan.

"What's wrong?" I hear someone ask. I look up and see Ruby staring at me.

"O-Oh, um, I'm just exhausted.. " I replied.

"Will we still go down by the beach?" She asked in a painful way that tugged at my heart strings.

"Definetly!"

"Yay!" She cheered. I heard her footsteps as she began walking towards the bed. The bed leaned to one side. I assumed Ruby was sitting on the bed.

"So.. "

My cheeks began burning mildly.

"How've you been since.. you know.. " She brought up the balcony incident.

"Um.. Fine.. " I replied. She turned her head towards me and looked at me.

"Why would you do that?" She asked. I continued staring at her and turned my body the opposite way of her. There was a long, awkward, silence.

"If you dont-"

"I was just too overwhelmed at that moment.. I couldn't handle it anymore, " I quickly replied.

"I told myself, 'You'll make everything worse' repeatedly. I thought about how i'd make you go insane with my occasional 'moments' and how I'd make team RNJR worry about me-"

"Jaune.."

"And.. I couldn't handle all of the stress that was put onto me about what everyone thinks of-"

"JAUNE!" I heard Ruby yell. I silenced myself.

"Just stop.. stop worrying.. stop stressing.. for me and everyone else.. Please.." Ruby said, turning the other way and looking down at her lap.

I sat up. I leaned over towards Ruby and wrapped my arms around her. I placed my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

She patted my head.

"It's okay," She whispered back. She rested her head on top of my head.

"What are you guys doing?" Nora questioned as she peered in the room. I quickly let go of Ruby and laid back down on my side of the bed. My cheeks were now on fire.

(Ruby's POV)

"J-Just talking!" I replied. Nora gave me a 'yeah right' look.

"Alright well, me and Rin are going on our date. Have fun at the beach you two!" She winked and smirked at me.

"A-Alright! Have fun!" I quickly stammer. She closes the door behind her. I fall onto the pillow of the bed.

"Hey Jaune?"

"Yeah..?"

"Promise me you won't feel worried and stressed anymore?" I said.

There was a long silence.

"I'll try.." He responds quietly.