Chapter 32: I don't feel so well

(Ruby's POV)

As Jaune and I make our way downstairs together, we walk to the cafeteria. Standing in the entrance of the cafeteria, I search for Nora and Ren.

"Do you see them?" Jaune asks from behind. I raise my hand up and place it above my eyes, searching like a pirate captain on a ship.

"Yar! Yer matey does not see them yet," I playfully reply. I turn around and smile like a pirate at Jaune, snickering. Jaune chuckles and pats my head gently.

"C'mon, let's go find them." He says, grabbing my hand. I feel my cheeks burn a little. Following him, we continue our search for Nora and Ren.

"Nora? Ren?" I question loudly, hoping they'd here us. Instead, we get looks from other students.

"Hey, Ruby!" I hear a familiar voice from behind me. I pause. Jaune turns around and looks at me. I turn around and see Yang.

"Yang!" I let go of Jaune's hand and run over to Yang. I hug her and smile up at her after I let go. She smiles at me and looks over at Jaune, waving her hand. Jaune smiles.

"I heard you calling for Nora and Ren. Are you two looking for them?" She asks.

"Yeah, do you know where they are? We can't find them."

"They're not here, lil' sis." She pats my head and messes up my hair. I cock my head, staring up at her with confused eyes.

"What? I thought they'd be here. They're always here. Where are they, then?" I ask, wondering. There always in the cafeteria at this time. What happened to them?

"They decided to go on a date together. They've gotten unusually closer lately," Yang winks at me. I feel my heart drop.

"WHAT?! THEY WENT OUT TOGETHER?!" I question, screaming. The whole cafeteria turns silent and stares at me. I freeze and look around awkwardly. "Hehe.. sorry.." I call out nervously, chuckling quietly. Everyone sighs and a few people roll their eyes. I turn back to Yang. "They went out together?" I ask, this time quietly.

"Um yeah. Did they not tell you?" She looks at me.

"I don't care of they didn't tell me. I just can't believe they went out together!" I squeel. Yang smiles at me.

"Yup, I knew you'd flip. Anyway, wanna come sit with me and the girls?" She asks.

"I mean, if Jaune is okay with it." I turn around and look into Jaune's eyes. He shrugs.

"Why not?"

Yang directs us towards her table. On our way there, I manage to search through the crowd of people for Weiss and Blake. I see them casually sitting at a table. Blake was picking at her food with her fork out of boredom while Weiss was gawking at a boy two tables away with pink cheeks.

"Guys! Look who I found wandering around." Yang speaks up after we arrive. Weiss looks at me with wide, excited eyes, but the excitement quickly fades away when she sees Jaune.

"Oh, it's you." She scoffs, folding her arms and pouting. Jaune looks away, awkwardly. I sigh.

"Don't be mean to Jaune!" I tell. She looks up at me.

"I wasn't being mean. I was just saying that because I wanted to.." Weiss snarks. I sigh, smacking my forehead with the palm of my hand. I look over to Jaune, who's nervously holding his elbow with his other arm. I tug at his shirt.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask, looking up at him.

"I don't know. I just feel.. weird."

"What do you mean?"

"Something doesn't feel right. I feel as if Nora and Ren are in trouble.. or something."

"Jaune. They're fine. Don't worry about them. Even if they were in trouble, they're strong! They can defend themselves. They're unstoppable!" I smile wide, trying to reassure Jaune that they were alright. Jaune stares at me with a blank face. My smile fades.

"Jaune..?" I quietly question, "What's wrong? You're making me nervous.." I look over at the girls who are chatting. I look back up at Jaune and notice how ghostly and pale he looks.

"I don't feel so well," He says, his voice trailing off. Jaune suddenly comes falling down on me.

"Jaune!?" I yell, quickly latching onto the sleeves of his shirt. He falls onto my shoulder. The girls immediately direct their attention towards me and stand, running over to me and helping me with Jaune.