Chapter 31: How?

(Jaune's POV)

I awake in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. As I l lift myself up, a sudden flashback sparks my memory, leaving me with burning cheeks..

//FLASHBACK//

I feel her soft lips press against mine. I shift my hand from her cheek up to her black hair. As we continue with our lips joined, I feel her soft, cold hands wrap around my neck. I feel myself shiver. I pull my face away from hers and stare into her silver shimmering eyes, pressing my forehead against hers.

"Are you cold?" I ask, whispering while snickering softly. She smiles.

"A bit."

I take my hands and wrap my arms around her waist, pulling her in closer to my body. I hug her tightly to warm her up and she smiles cheerfully. Her cheeks glow bright pink.

"It's so warm," She comments, hugging me tighter. She buries her head into my chest. I feel my heart skip a beat. I chuckle softly to myself. We continue hugging each other for a while until I hear faint sounds of snoring coming from her. I look down and notice she's asleep. I take my arms and pick her up, carrying her bridle style. We leave the balcony and I make my way to her bedroom.

As I enter her bedroom quietly, I tip toe over to her bed and lay her down gently. I lean over and kiss her forehead. She smiles warmly. I pull her blanket over her and walk towards the bedroom door. I leave her room and enter my room.

//FLASHBACK END//

I stare at the door of my room, speechless. I suddenly hear a knock at the door. Startled, I jump up from my bed and quickly walk over to the door. I twist the knob, cracking the door open. I peer my head out.

"You finally awake?" I hear a familiar voice say. I look down at a small figure. My cheeks burn as I realize who it is. "You wanna go down to the cafeteria and eat breakfast together?"

"O-Oh uh, Ruby! U-Um, sure!" I stutter, "I-I just need to get ready. Y-You can come in if you want! I'll be quick."

She nods and smiles. I open the door and let her in. She walks into the room in a funny way, like, a marching way. I smile warmly to myself as I shut the door. I turn around and walk over to my dresser.

"It's so pretty today," She softly states, staring out of the window. Just like you, I wanted to say but couldn't find the confidence to.

"It is! Maybe we should go out together. Cupcakes?" I ask, pulling my blue T-shirt over my head and tossing it over into my laundry bin. Suddenly, she turns around. I forgot to warn her I was undressing.

"YES!! I LOVE CUP.. cakes.." Her voice trails off as she notices I don't have a shirt on. Her cheeks turn bright pink and she turns around quickly, covering her eyes. "Whoopsies.." She mutters.

"I should've warned you.." I mumble awkwardly. She chuckles quietly. I pull a shirt over my head and close the dresser drawer. I didn't really need to change pants. I already had some leggings on.

I turn and tiptoe over to Ruby. I smirk to myself evilly and step behind Ruby. I wanted to scare her, again. Heheheh.. I'm so evil.

"Hey, Ja- AHH!" She jumps as she turns around. She notices I was behind her, smirking devilishly. She growls and her cheeks turn red as she puffs, folding her arms.

"You're mean," She pouts.

"Oh really?" I reply, folding my arms and leaning in closer to her face.

"Yup. In fact, you're really mean." She restates, smirking to herself. I frown. She begins snorting quietly to herself. I lean in closer to her face and press my forehead against hers. She smiles.

"Come on, let's go eat. I'm starving," She says as she giggles.

"Alrighty," I reply, pulling myself back and turning around. We walk over to the door together and I twist the knob, opening it. I look over at Ruby. "After you, madam." She snorts and walks out of the room. I follow her. We begin making our way to the cafeteria, our stomach's rumbling.

"Hey, Jaune?" Ruby questions, still walking. We turn a corner.

"Yeah?"

"I'm glad you're here with me." Ruby and I pause before we make our way downstairs. She turns towards me, smiling cutely. I blush.

"I-I am too," I stutter nervously. I heard my heart race. I really want to tell her that.. that I love her. There isn't a day when I'm around her that my heart doesn't skip a beat. She's adorable and sweet. She reminds me of a cupcake.. weirdly. A cupcake is small and sweet. Ruby is small and sweet. Now saying that makes me feel awfully weird.

But, how would I tell her that I love her..? Heck, I can't even tell her she's cute without stuttering a whole lot.