Chapter 35: Training Grounds

(Jaune's POV)

I awake in my room, a sudden gust of energy roaring over my body. It felt.. weird being so energized. I'm usually not. I quickly sit up, turning my body and letting my feet touch the cold, wooden floor. I stand up and walk over to my dresser. I strip off into my boxers and change into my hoodie, jeans, and armor. I suddenly feel my head sting. I feel my legs fall weak and collapse to the floor as I massage my head with my hand. A voice echoes in my mind, a familiar female voice, and asks..

"Jaune, do you remember me?"

My eyes widen. Remember? Remember who? But that voice.. it's.. it's so familiar. Who was that?

(Ruby's POV)

I was sitting with Yang and Blake in the cafeteria. I woke up not too long ago. I haven't seen Jaune a whole lot lately, not like that's a problem. I'm just.. worried for him I guess. He's been awfully weird lately; forgetting about Pyrrha like that. That isn't like him at all. Did something happen to him when he fainted that day?

"Ruby? Hello? You alright?" I hear a voice fade into my hearing. I look up and see Yang staring at me, confused. Blake stares at me aswell.

"Um, yeah! I'm just thinking."

"Thinking about what?"

"Thinking about Jaune."

She smirks.

"Thinking about Jaune, huh?" She wiggles her eyebrow, leaning forward and resting her chin in the palm of her hand.

"N-No! Not like that! I just meant-"

"Meant what, Ruby? Meant that you looovvve him?"

"NO! I JUST MEANT THAT I WAS WORRIED FOR HIM!" I shout. The whole cafeteria silences and stares at me. I awkwardly look away.

"Jesus, I get it. I get it." She sighs and leans back, continuing to eat her food.

"You're weird, Yang." Blake utters. Yang looks up at her.

"Not as weird as you." She remarks. Blake's eyes widen.

"Tch- Mhm. You keep talking."

Yang leans closer to Blake's face.

"Oh, I'll continue talking."

I stand up, holding my tray in my hands.

"I'm gonna go check on Jaune. I'll see you guys later." I smile, turning my body and walking away.

"Suurree, Ruby. Have fun with Jaune," Yang sweet talks behind me, giggling. I turn around and growl, shaking my head. I turn forward and dump my tray into the nearest disposal, placing the tray on top of the trashcan. I make my way out of the cafeteria.

I walk up a few flight of stairs, soon reaching our floor. I turn a corner and notice Jaune's bedroom door is open. Curious, I walk over to the door and peer in. I don't see anyone. I lean back and turn my head toward my room. I walk into my bedroom and see Weiss laying in her bed, staring at the ceiling with her eyes closed.

"Weiss?" I question. She jumps up and looks at me.

"Oh, it's you." She sighs, falling back into her pillow.

"Do you know where Jaune is? I'm worried about him. He's been very weird lately." I ask, hoping she'd know.

"Why would I know where the pervert is? I'm not a stalker or anything, unlike him." She states. I sigh and turn around.

"Welp, thanks anyway. I'll see you la-"

"Ruby, Wait," I turn around as she sits up, "He might be in the training grounds. I did see him leave his room and I might've seen where he went by following him. Don't call me a stalker. I mean it." My eyes light up.

"Thanks, Weiss!" I cheer.

"Sure. Just make sure the pervert doesn't try to do anything weird to you."

"What do you mean? Him and I are fine. We're best friends."

"BEST FRIENDS! SINCE WHEN-"

"Bye Weiss!" I quickly exit the room, closing the door behind me. I could still here her yelling like crazy as I walk down the hall. I make my way back over to the flight of stairs and step down them. Instead of taking the direction toward the cafeteria, I take a different direction; toward the back entrance.

Exiting the academy building, I rush into the woods. I pass a few trees and suddenly see a familiar yellow-haired boy in the distance. I smile to myself, running to him.

"Jaune!" I holler, waving my hand. He turns around and his cheeks beam red as he smiles softly at me.

A/N ~ Hello! Before I get into what I want to talk about, I want to say Happy Father's day! Have a wonderful day! And if you don't have a father, then Happy Self Day! You're an amazing person! Take the day to enjoy yourself!

Now, I wanted to apologize for not posting in a while. It's hard for me to be motivated to do something, such as writing or drawing. I'm not saying that I don't like this story or that I don't like writing it. I love writing this story for you guys. It's fun, but also nerve wracking to see the types of feedback that I receive from each chapter. It's just hard for me to be motivated or inspired. I hope you can understand. If I could update every day then I would! But I just find it hard to sit down, think of an idea, and then write. It takes a few days for me to come up with an idea for a chapter. Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that I love you all. I hope you all have an amazing day! ♥