"It's complicated." I dismissed, going into the back room where Sophie's dad was being kept.

Sophie was already there, sat on the arm of her mom's chair. She grabbed her dad's hand as I walked over, my hand reaching out to rub her back. She didn't seem to react, if anything leaning back into my touch.

"Honey, why don't you go home and get some sleep?" her mom suggested, sending me a small thank you smile.

"What if he wakes up?" Sophie pointed out, her eyebrows furrowing.

"We'll be bringing him over later. You go home, get some rest and Scott, I'm counting on you to take care of my daughter."

"Always." I muttered, rubbing small circles into Sophie's back with my thumb.

"I know. Now, both of you, go on."

"I don't want to leave him." Sophie protested even as she stood up, her hand still clinging to her father's.

"He'll be home later. I'll call you later to make sure you've eaten. Scott, you're more than welcome to order in food or you can use the kitchen. Our home is yours."

"Thank you, Mrs. Grey."

"When are you gonna give in and call me Khloe?" she teased, getting up to walk us out.

"Probably never."

"Your mother raised you right. Be careful, both of you. I'll see you later."

I kept my arm wrapped around Sophie's waist, ushering out to the lobby. Stiles and Erica looked up, pausing in their conversation.

"Can you drive us home?" I asked, gesturing to Sophie.

"Sure. I'll meet you at my house?" Stiles turned to Erica as he stood up, grabbing his keys off the table.

"I think we should go to the loft. I need to make sure Isaac and Derek don't murder each other."

"But that's a longer drive."

"Then you can go home and make your own dinner."

"Fine, I'll meet you at the loft. But you have to make whatever I want."

"I'll make what I'm in the mood for."

"We'll discuss this later."

I had to laugh at their ability to find the time to banter in times like these, wondering how they were still together. I led Sophie out to the car, helping her in before sitting in the front seat.

"Can you believe her? She's gonna make me drive all the way to Derek's loft, which is in the middle of nowhere, and she won't compromise at all. You know, there are times I think she's more stubborn than I am." Stiles ranted, exaggerating his words with wide hand movements before starting the car.

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Not when it comes to food. In fact, how do you two even survive? Neither of you can cook."

"Takeout."

"One day, I'm gonna have Erica give you two a cooking lesson. And then I'll have you to cook for me too."

"Nah, dude, I think it's genetic. My mom can't really cook either."

"Well, you'll learn. That's step one." 

Stiles somehow roped me into arguing with him over food, making me forget about all the problems going on for a few minutes. 

He pulled up in front of my house, reminding me of what had happened in the past few days. I got out first, helping Sophie back out.

"Hey, can you give me a second? I'll be quick." I kept my grip on her waist, her eyes still avoiding mine as she nodded and walked over to her house. 

"She seems...out of it." Stiles commented, searching for the right word to describe her mood.

"Look, just for a few days, keep this whole hunter thing quiet, ok? Let me talk to her first."

"The others have a right to know."

"But she also has a right to be the one to tell them. Just don't tell anyone, especially not Erica."

"Fine."

"And don't be mad at her. I'm sure she has a good reason for keeping it a secret."

"I doubt it but I'll try."

"Thanks man. See you later."  

Author's Note:

What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!