Chapter 60

Remus' POV

Remus woke up the next morning looking around the room in confusion. Seeing that Sirius wasn't in bed, so he got up and got ready for the day and made his way down to the common room. Once he got down the steps he saw Sirius and Leona on the couch leaning against each other. He chuckled quietly, suddenly Leona shot up and looked straight at him.

"Um... morning," Remus said awkwardly. Leona just gave a frustrated sigh and slowly got up, trying not to wake up Sirius in the process.

"Morning to you too, I wouldn't have woken up if you laughed so loud," Leona blamed. Remus became confused.

"I actually didn't laugh that loud, if anything, Sirius' snoring was ten times louder than me," Remus said. Leona became shocked,

"Then why did it seem so loud to me?" Leona asked, curiously.

"It was probably because of you becoming an animagus, it was the same way when I became a... well, you know,"

"Oh yeah, well, that makes sense now. Anyway, what time is it?"

"About seven," Remus said with a shrug. "Want to go eat? I'll wake Peter and James. Leave Sirius, though, or he'll be a grumpy asshole all day."

"I heard that," they heard Sirius mumble groggily. He sat up and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, then glared at his friends. Remus shrugged again and went into their dorm to wake the other boys.

"James, Peter, come on, breakfast," he called as he stuck his head into the room. Peter got up with a groan but got ready because... food. James got up as well and followed Remus into the common room.

The five of them all walked down to the Great Hall to see only a few professors and about three Slytherins there.

They walked over and sat at the Gryffindor table. Remus couldn't help but listen in on the Slytherins' conversation.

"Yeah, I heard from my father that there's a descendant of Merlin at Hogwarts," a Slytherin boy said. The others nodded.

"I heard that they have some sort of 'special gifts'," a girl laughed. They all shook their heads in laughter.

"Who do you think it is?" The first boy asked.

"I bet it's Potter," a new boy said, rolling his eyes.

"Which one?" The girl teased.

"Both, obviously. They're twins, you twat. But James with the powers," the second boy said. Then he laughed. "What, you really think that Jareth, the Hufflepuff, could have power like that? Unlikely. Have you seen him? It's a wonder Carter even gives a damn about that bloody git!" They all laughed as more and more students started to flood into the Great Hall.

Remus, needless to say, was pissed. They were attacking one of his best mates and his brother, and he wasn't okay with it. But there was nothing he could do.

"Rem, you okay?" Leona asked as she took Remus' hand.

"I'm fine," he said with a smile. "Are you okay?" Leona only shrugged.

"Can't help but hear all the rumors flying around," Leona said while looking at everyone in the Great Hall.

"Try not to worry about it all too much, love," Remus said and kissed Leona's temple.

"I'll try my best... but I can't help but wonder..."