Chapter 29

Leona's POV

"We need to start heading back, Remus," Leona stated to Remus.

"You're right, we should start wal-" Remus was cut-off by the creek of the opening door. Remus and Leona both hid on the couch.

"It's your lucky day, Jareth," the unmistakable voice of Sirius Black said. "A couch and fireplace for all of your snogging needs."

"Shut up, Sirius," Jareth replied. Leona saw Sirius wink at his boyfriend.

"Come on, darling. What was it you were about to say earlier," Sirius said in a subtly seductive voice.

"Okay, I can't listen to this anymore," Remus whispered to Leona. She started pushing herself up, when suddenly, Remus pulled her back down. Leona let out a little yelp, which caused Jareth to snap his head over towards the couch.

"Did you hear that?" Jareth asked curiously.

"Hear what?" Sirius replied, confused to what Jareth was saying. Jareth pushed Sirius away and started walking over to the couch, before he was pulled by his waist, back to Sirius' embrace.

"Oh come on, Jare! You're just being paranoid!" Sirius said into Jareth's ear.

"We need to distract them from the couch so we could get out of here!" Leona whispered to Remus.

"Why don't we just get up and say awkward 'hellos' and walk out?" Remus said. Leona shook her head, disappointed to what Remus was saying.

"You know how angsty Jareth gets when he finds other people listening to his conversations, especially ones with Sirius," Leona pointed out.

"So how are you planning on getting out of here then?" Remus questioned.

"Just... Just follow my lead." Leona reached into the couch and felt around. Her face focused on finding anything worth using. Suddenly her face turned from focused to an excited type of relieved. She pulled out a small sickle, then crawled over to the opposite side that Sirius and Jareth were and threw the coin. Right as the coin landed both of the boy's heads snapped towards the sound.

"Okay, maybe you're right," Sirius pulled out his wand, Jareth did the same. They both walked slowly over to the sound behind the bookcase. Once they were far enough, Leona and Remus made a quiet run for the door. The couple slipped out silently and closed the door softly behind them. They sighed in unison and laughed.

"That was... interesting," Remus said, smiling lightly.

"It was, I quite like sneaking around with you," Leona said, laughing.

"I agree," Remus chuckled.

"Anyway, it's really late, we should get back to the dorms before Filch finds us," Leona said yawning.

"Would you like me to carry you back?" Remus laughed, Leona giggled with him.

"You know what, yes, I would," Leona said, smiling. Remus rolled his eyes but reached his arms out, still smiling. Leona smiled as Remus picked her up, bridal style. They chatted along the way, once they got to the Hufflepuff common room they bid their goodbyes and slept soundly with smiles on their faces.