Chapter 54

Leona's POV

Leona ran from the room of requirements, down the halls towards the Hufflepuff common room. Tears falling from her eyes, she opens the Hufflepuff door after tapping the barrels. The common room was empty, other than Helga Hufflepuff in her painting.

"What's wrong, dearie?" Helga asked, concerned for one of her students.

"Sorry, I can't talk right now!" Leona quickly said. Leona ran to the window and jumped up on the window sill.

"Umm, Helga? Can you... um... not tell anyone about what I'm about to do?" Leona asked innocently.

"What are you about to- OH MY MERLIN!" Helga almost screamed as Leona jumped out of the window.

"DON'T WORRY I'M NOT GOING TO DIE!" Leona yelled up to Helga before she turned into her animagus form.

She flew to the Gryffindor common room and turned back into herself, almost slamming her body into the window. Thankfully, James and Sirius were sitting in the common room. Leona politely knocked on the window and got their attention. James and Sirius turned at the same time and bolted to the window opening it quickly and pulling her in. Leona fell into the room and when she got up saw something on the side of her eye.

"What the bloody hell were you doing out there, Leo?!" Sirius yelled.

"I came here as fast as I could! Something is happening with- MERLIN'S BEARD HOW MANY PLACES AM I GONNA HAVE TO GO TONIGHT?!" She yelled to herself. Leona turned back into her animagus form as she jumped out of the window, leaving James and Sirius utterly confused at the window sill, watching Leona fly away.

She made her way to the Shrieking Shack, Leona heard an agonizing howl and looked inside, seeing a grey-haired, skinny, piercing yellow-eyed, werewolf scratching at its own skin. Leona growled loudly to get its attention and, thankfully, it worked. Remus looked at her with pleading eyes and started cowering away in fear. As time went by he got closer and closer to her at the side of the shack. By the time Remus got all the way to Leona, the sun began to rise, showing Leona the painful transformation back from his werewolf to human.

He's always a werewolf.

No matter what.

He may look like a human and take the form of a human,

but he's always a werewolf...