Chapter 51

Leona's POV

It had been almost 3 weeks since school started. The boys started their animagus process. As difficult as it was to make them pay attention to tiny, critical, details, especially with Sirius. Jareth and Sirius hadn't talked as much as they used to, but, fortunately, Jareth still had normal conversations with Leona, just not about Sirius. Jareth started spending more time with the Slytherins, particularly Carter. Especially because they started dating. Leona told Jareth many times to just wait a little longer to know him better, but Jareth just went for it. They were talking and walking in the hallways of Hogwarts going to the Great Hall for dinner.

"So, how are you two doing?" Leona asked curiously. Both, Jareth and Leona, would ask about each other's lives with their significant other at least once a week.

"Leo, we've only been together for a few days! Can't the questions wait?" Jareth chuckled.

"Sorry, just curious on how the new couple is doing!" Leona shot back. Jareth laughed. He had a brighter smile than the beginning of the year, and now because of being with Carter. But Leona and Carter weren't on first names yet.

"I guess we're doing alright... honestly, I couldn't sleep that well for the first night. I was just so wounded up... if you know what I mean?" Jareth said with a bounce in his voice.

"Wow, I didn't know you were so far along already!" Leona laughed. Jareth blushed profusely.

"Hey! I don't mean it like that!"

"I know, I know!" They finally made it to the Great Hall when, none other than Carter, steps in.

"Hey, Jare, Are you gonna sit with the Slytherin lot and I or Evans and the Gryffindors?" Carter asked, somewhat, politely.

"Um, I don't know. I, uh-"

"It's fine Jareth, go sit with Reid and his friends. Oh, could you tell Sev that I said 'hi'?" Leona smiled sweetly to Jareth and gave a sort of glare that said if-you-hurt-him-you-die sort of look while walking away to the Gryffindor table.

"Okay! See ya tonight, Leo!" Jareth replied while walking arm in arm with Carter. Leona made her way to her friends and sat in between Remus and Lily.

"Hey, Leo! How was your day?" Remus asked politely.

"Same as usual. Classes, walking, talking, and a couple other things, but yeah the same," Leona answered. "How 'bout you?"

"Oh, normal as well. Nothing really different, is there?" Remus asked.

"No, well, other than that. But yeah, no, nothing going on lately," Leona nodded her head toward Jareth and Carter at the Slytherin table.

"Well, we can't control that. But we can control what we're gonna do tomorrow night!" James cut in. Leona, Remus, Peter, and Sirius' heads snapped in James' direction and they all leaned in. Lily just ignored this and talked to her friend, Malene, on the other side of her.

"A little birdy told me that the professors are going to have a meeting about one of us in a few weeks!" James looked at all of us curious to whom it would be.

"Honestly, it's probably going to be about me, ya know, with my furry little problem?" Remus said sadly. Leona noticed and hugged his side. Remus smiled and hugged back in return.

"Surprisingly, Remus, it isn't about you. The little birdy told me that and left me with nothing else, well other than the time and place." Remus was shocked, along with the rest of the group.

"Who do you think it'll be?" Leona asked.

"Why don't you just look around, Leo? It'd probably going to be about how fabulous I am and how they need to find a way to contain its beauty!" Sirius mocked.

"Yeah right! I just hope it's not anything bad..." Leona said, afraid to see what's in store.

"You shouldn't worry about it that much, Leo. It's probably about something stupid," Peter reassured stuffing some chicken into his mouth.

"Yeah you're right, Peter," Leona and the rest of the boys leaned back to their original positions.

"Well, there's, literally, nothing we can do until then, right?" Sirius said, kind of sad at the thought of that.

"Don't worry something will happen soon enou-" Leona cut off, looking across the room. The entire Slytherin table literally blew up. Kids were cheering and screaming and jumping in all directions.

Because Jareth had just kissed Carter.

He then proceeded sprinted out of the Great Hall, with Carter following soon after.

All of a sudden, every glass piece on the Slytherin table shattered. The Slytherins scattered throughout the Hall. Dumbledore called to order, but, of course, no one listened. He then turned to Leona and made eye contact with her, giving Leona a sinking feeling that all of this had something to do with her.

"Oh no..."