Chapter 10

Jareth's POV

It was weird being with Sirius, Peter, and James without Remus or Leona. They usually all sat together, Leona and Jareth talking together while the others goofed around being the idiots they were. Remus slept, sometimes.

But now it was everyone... and Jareth. He could tell that they were trying to

involve him so he didn't feel left out, but he didn't reply. He simply sat and stared out the window and thought.

Sirius hadn't said more than "Hey, Jareth" to him since everything happened a week ago. When they all met again on the platform, he hugged James and saluted Jareth... wow. The boy had just kissed him six days ago and the best he could do was salute? Needless to say, Jareth was annoyed. He was also quite hurt. So he'd been ignoring Sirius' attempts to involve him in conversation.

"James, mate, did you play much quidditch this summer?" Sirius asked.

"Oh, yeah, tons! Jareth played, too, though he was very resistant, the little prick," James said, laughing.

"Jareth, it couldn't have been that bad, you're amazing at quidditch," Sirius said to the boy at the window. Jareth simply turned and smiled, not an overall smile though, just his lips curling upward. He saw Sirius' grin falter slightly. 'Good,' Jareth thought.

They continued in their own little conversation and Jareth continued to stare out the window. As he thought, an empty feeling started to fall over him. He sighed in annoyance, adjusting his position. Being a thirteen year old, he was depressed. Of course not all thirteen year olds were depressed... 'How could you be at Hogwarts?' Jareth usually thought. But he was. And he hated it.

Thankfully, before anything got too bad, Leona and Remus walked in.

"REMUS!" The Marauders chorused, jumping onto their friend. Leona laughed and walked over to me, sitting down and giving me a big hug.

"Hey, Leo," Jareth said, smiling.

"Hey, Jare," Leona said. "How are you?"

"Fine, thanks. How are you?"

"I'm good," she said, glancing up at Remus, then back to Jareth. Jareth rose an eyebrow, smirking. Leona blushed slightly and slapped his arm.

"We'll talk later," he said, nodding his head subtly to Sirius and Remus. She nodded, smiling. She leaned onto Jareth's shoulder and closed her eyes.

"You tired?" Jareth asked.

"Mmhmm," Leona hummed in response. He nodded and closed his eyes, leaning his head on the window. He knew it would be a long night, as he and Leona always pulled an all-nighter on the first night back, and he needed to rest at some point.

~{Time skip brought to you by Leona's pet hedgehog}~

Sirius' POV (enjoy it while it lasts, kiddos, because this is a rare occasion)

When the train finally arrived, Sirius was tasked with waking Jareth and Leona. Nobody wanted to have to wake Leona up. She was a monster after a nap.

Sirius sighed dramatically and woke Jareth first.

"Jareth. Potter. Jareth Henry Potter. Wake up, Jare," Sirius said, shaking his shoulder. Jareth's eyelids fluttered open, and he yawned and stretched, his shirt riding up just a bit to show off his toned stomach, making Sirius blush.

"A-Are we here?" Jareth asked sleepily.

"Yeah. Would you mind waking Leona? She's not as, er, vicious, when you wake her," Sirius said, embarrassed. Jareth laughed slightly.

"Sure. You go ahead and go. I've got her," he said. Sirius nodded.

"Oh, hey, uh. Meet me in the Astronomy Tower tonight, okay?" Jareth nodded blankly, and Sirius left. He wanted to talk to Jareth about the other day.