Chapter 35

Jareth's POV

Jareth couldn't bare to face him. Not after everything. He didn't want to be more awkward than he already was around his friends. He wanted everything to be okay.

He ran towards the train, navigating the busy platform easily, until someone stopped in front of him.

"Shit!" Jareth yelled, crashing into the person and sending them both sprawling on the ground. Jareth sat quickly, apologized furiously. "Oh, Merlin, I'm so so sorry, are you alright? I'm so sorry." He gathered his things and stood, offering his hand to the other boy. The other took it, smiling.

"I'm fine," he said, smiling. Jared smiled back weakly. 'Damn, this guy is kind of cute... No. Stop. You might still have a boyfriend. And even if you don't... you're in love with Sirius!' The boy waved his hand in front of Jareth's face.

"Gah! Sorry! Did you say something?" Jareth blushed, embarrassed. The other boy laughed.

"Yes, I asked if you were alright," he said. Jareth blushed more.

"Oh, I'm fi-INE." 'Voice crack. 'WHY?!' "Sorry about that," Jareth said, pausing before adding, "and for crashing into you."

"It's alright. You can make it up to me," the boy said with a wink. 'Oh, shit...' "I'm Carter Reid, by the way."

"I'm Jareth. Jareth Potter." Jareth offered the other boy his hand, again, and he shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jareth," Carter said with a smile. 'He's very charming...'

"Y-You too," Jareth said, smiling back. The train's whistle blew loudly, making Jareth wince.

"See you on the train, Jareth?" Carter said, saluting him and walking onto the train.

"Y-Yeah," Jareth called. Then mumbled, "see you..."

Leona walked up to him, hooking her arm with his. "What was that?" she asked. Jareth shrugged.

"Carter," he replied. She stared at him.

"Jareth, you're dating Sirius," she said firmly. Jareth raised an eyebrow.

"Am I?" He let go of her arm and walked onto the train.